horrid decisions

sober_drunkenes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so my two current babies (Jack and Brio) are going to the UK eventually. I went to my friend's house (the one who gave them to me) cause her dog ate half a two layer chocolate cake and needed saving (fun night) and....I fell in love with a black kitten who was very soft and very sweet. I kinda think she would make the perfect companion for my dog Spyro who is very shy and very loving. This gal is very outgoing yet a real tough kitten (beating all the guy kittens in play fighting). Ok so thats not the only problem. While Angel (the sick dog) was out to pee (she could finally move and was passing the cake....out on the lawn) a small kitten learning to walk decided to follow her and get trampled every time. I named her Angel simply for that reason. Yeah so I kinda fell in love with her too lol. So my question is....is it easier when two cats are introduced as kittens to reintroduce them as adults? Is it easier when both males who are kept together are neutered when one or two spayed females enter the house?

Meanwhile......

Mocha kitty is going to my sister who...needs a cat like him. He is on his own most of the time and plays with other kittens....till you touch him that is. This cat purrs when he sees you and gets louder when you touch him lol. Perfect for my stressed out sister! On the other hand I read that its best to get two kittens instead of one cat. An orange and white tabby from an older litter had been abandoned at my friend's house (he had an owner who claimed him but never came back for him) who is very social...way more social than mocha kitty. Only problem with tabby is that he bites when pleasured. Is there a way to stop this? Should I give two kittens instead of one so they will have company when my sister is gone?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sober_drunkenes

Ok so my two current babies (Jack and Brio) are going to the UK eventually. I went to my friend's house (the one who gave them to me) cause her dog ate half a two layer chocolate cake and needed saving (fun night) and....I fell in love with a black kitten who was very soft and very sweet. I kinda think she would make the perfect companion for my dog Spyro who is very shy and very loving. This gal is very outgoing yet a real tough kitten (beating all the guy kittens in play fighting). Ok so thats not the only problem. While Angel (the sick dog) was out to pee (she could finally move and was passing the cake....out on the lawn) a small kitten learning to walk decided to follow her and get trampled every time. I named her Angel simply for that reason. Yeah so I kinda fell in love with her too lol. So my question is....is it easier when two cats are introduced as kittens to reintroduce them as adults? Is it easier when both males who are kept together are neutered when one or two spayed females enter the house?

Meanwhile......

Mocha kitty is going to my sister who...needs a cat like him. He is on his own most of the time and plays with other kittens....till you touch him that is. This cat purrs when he sees you and gets louder when you touch him lol. Perfect for my stressed out sister! On the other hand I read that its best to get two kittens instead of one cat. An orange and white tabby from an older litter had been abandoned at my friend's house (he had an owner who claimed him but never came back for him) who is very social...way more social than mocha kitty. Only problem with tabby is that he bites when pleasured. Is there a way to stop this? Should I give two kittens instead of one so they will have company when my sister is gone?
First, chocolate is TOXIC to dogs and cats; you might want to pass this on so she will keep the chocolate foods out of the dog's reach.

Second, you're giving Mocha up??? Why would you?

Third, yes, two kittens will grow together, play, sleep, and be together, just like two humans -- and there's the BIG added benefit of saving TWO precious lives. Three can be nice, too. As you can see, we love big families here.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's better to get two kitties, that way they have company when you aren't around. Two kittens that grow up together have a much greater likelyhood of getting along when they are adults. But of course there are greater financial responsibilities with two instead of one, as long as you are prepared for that, I wouldn't see any reason not to get both.