What kind of salad dressing do you use?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is a completely pointless yet fun thread! Me, I used to be strictly a Thousand Island kinda gal, but I've been getting into sweet and sour dressings. Also found a Vadallia Onion dressing that is good (if you like sweet). Every now and then I get a craving for blue cheese. Hubby is strickly an Italian dressing man...he even makes his own (and it is to DIE for!).

So, what kind of dressings does everyone use?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Ranch hubby likes Thousand Island. I used to use French alot.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fat Free Zesty Italian
Fat Free Cesar (creamy)
Raspberry Walnut Vinegrette
Homemade honey mustard (honey and dijon mustard)

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Italian dressings, vinegar and olive oil, and raspberry vinegrette. When I use dressings, I don't use much at all, I like the taste to be very light.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a Red Wine Vinegerette that is really yummy.

I also like Greek and Raspberry Vinegerette.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Usually I eat ranch dressing, sometimes a raspberry vinegarette or a honey mustard. I guess it depends on what is in the salad.
I love mustard and use mustard on lots of things, sandwiches, marinades, to dip fries in, potato salads, but I have always hated honey mustard for some reason

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a time when I wouldn't eat anything but Catalina French... then Creamy French... then Red Wine Basil Vinaigrette, which I made myself.

Then about ten years ago, I discovered Ranch, Garlic Ranch, Peppercorn Ranch, and Parmesan Ranch... and my world changed!

Last year, I realized there were eggs in all those Ranches, so I used that to break myself of the Ranch habit, which was good, because it's very fattening.

Then they lured me back to the Ranch with an egg-free version!

Recently discovered Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette, which is excellent, but a little sweet for me, so I add some red wine vinegar to it. Brianna's True French is good, too.

And the dressing isn't complete without lots and LOTS of parmesan!

sissy's mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Ok, this is a completely pointless yet fun thread! Me, I used to be strictly a Thousand Island kinda gal, but I've been getting into sweet and sour dressings. Also found a Vadallia Onion dressing that is good (if you like sweet). Every now and then I get a craving for blue cheese. Hubby is strickly an Italian dressing man...he even makes his own (and it is to DIE for!).

So, what kind of dressings does everyone use?
Let me tell ya, if you like Vidalia Onion dressing, Tastefully Simple has an awesome one. If any of you haven't heard of TS, you are totally missing out and really should check out the web site (www.tastefullysimple.com) and have a party! They have some awesome spices, mixes and sauces.

As for other dressings I pretty much with eat anything but Blue Cheese (eeeewww!) Lately I really like Ken's Basalmic Vinegrette...put it on some romaine with a little fresh parmesan...YUM-O!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sissy's Mommy

Let me tell ya, if you like Vidalia Onion dressing, Tastefully Simple has an awesome one. If any of you haven't heard of TS, you are totally missing out and really should check out the web site (www.tastefullysimple.com) and have a party! They have some awesome spices, mixes and sauces.

As for other dressings I pretty much with eat anything but Blue Cheese (eeeewww!) Lately I really like Ken's Basalmic Vinegrette...put it on some romaine with a little fresh parmesan...YUM-O!!
Mmmm...I'm definitely going to check that out! The one I love is Ken's, but I'm willing to try anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by heavenangels

Well you guys just make it easy for me
With all the dressing listed in this post I love them all with one exception..........

Blue Cheese I could never get use to it
I hated blue cheese dressing when I was younger (my dad used it all the time so I had to try it), but now I like it at times. I LOVE it on baked potates, but only the creamy kind. On salads, if I'm in the mood, it has to be the chunky kind. Yes, I have at least 6 different dressings in my fridge just for me!