Meow Kiddush

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know this poem? I probably spelled it wrong. My Grandmother used to say it to me when I was a child. It's Polish and about a kitten. She's in a nursing home now in another state which is very upsetting to me. Saying the words to my kitties gives me some comfort.

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm. I don't know of that one. Do you remember any of it? Like even a line or phrase?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I vaguely recall my niece's grandparents talking about a "chutra (cat) kiddush", which has something to do with Rosh Hashana, but I don't remember any details. Why don't you PM Anne, and ask her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

Hmm. I don't know of that one. Do you remember any of it? Like even a line or phrase?
Something like this, but I'm sure I'm skipping a line somewhere. Oh yeah, and I'm not spelling the words right. I don't even really know how to say them. This is just what I remember them sounding like.

Meow Kiddush
Jes te bew
Gomma seh
Ob de na mena stob yu
Op chik, op chik, op chik, op chik, op chik.

(My Grandma would always tickle me during the Op chik, op chik, op chik, op chik, op chik part)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I vaguely recall my niece's grandparents talking about a "chutra (cat) kiddush", which has something to do with Rosh Hashana, but I don't remember any details. Why don't you PM Anne, and ask her?
Thanks. I would never have thought of asking her.