Purraise
We are heading out to look for a male kitten today
Wish us luck! Maybe a rescue we are going to the shelter to

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely no luck at all! My husband is dead set on a himalayan or persian with blue eyes...Around here where I live that seems impossible We've found about 3 breeders two of them are 15 minutes from me. One of those two said quote un quote "We sold our last litter to the petstore and are going to stop breeding because our male got run over" Does that sound fishy to you all..especially to those of you that breed? #2 sales hers for 575-1595 without a pedigree which seems a bit unusual to me and # 3 lives about 40 minutes and is sounding pretty good so far she said she would sell us a himalayan or persian for 350 but is unsure of how many more litters she will have...I will post the emails for you all to look over and give me your advice on what you think of her...

To start with I emailed her and asked her if her prices were lower for people in her area...I found her on www.livedeals.com and she responded

>>Could you tell me if you are interested in obtaining breeding/show
>>rights or want the kitty just as a lovable pet?

I responded
>>only for a lovable pet

She responded
>>In that case, $250 will be subtracted for shipping because I'm sure you'll >>come in person to pick up? and then 1/2 will be subtracted from that >>which will give you a kitty price of $350. You will still get CFA registration >>papers. Which one are you interested in as I've not had a chance to >>update the website to reflect some changes that have taken place?

I responded
Thats awesome! As for which one we are interested in mainly just a male
> with
> blue eyes he says it doesnt matter what color they eyes are as long as its
> a
> healthy kitten but he has always loved cats with the blue eyes. Might be a
> while before we get one though. We are talking about it now and Ive been
> researching the breed. I am in college now and graduate in December as a
> Vet Tech. I own my own house though...
Are they usually good with
> other
> animals? We have 3 cats and 3 dogs who all get along wonderfully. All of
> our babies are up to date on their shots. And spayed/neutered with the
> exception of 3 in which I am waiting until they get old enough.

She responded
>All of our cats are together and get along fine with the occasional >skirmish
Other kittens that are in new homes have dogs and cats with >them and I'm told they all do fine with each other. As long as you allow >them to adjust to their new surroundings there shouldn't be a problem. I >have a few male kittens now that are ready to go and another that will be >ready in a few weeks. I can't tell you when I'll breed again because I'm >actually considering being done with it because it's getting increasingly >difficult to maintain all of it. We live on a farm and have other animals as >well and I've got three young children with the oldest being 6 yrs. of age. >My in-laws are getting on in age and are needing more help as well so my >time is becoming limited. Let me know if you want to come take a look and >pick one out.

So tell me what do you all think? I am open to all advice!

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this might be better in the breeders corner as they know a lot more about this. good luck in finding the right kitten for you all.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skimming thru it all I would NOT buy any of the kittens from ANY of them. IMO they sound too much like backyard breeders - not ones that are dedicated to the breed. The first one is a horrible backyard breeder - a good breeder NEVER sells or places their left over kittens in a pet shop! That's a major Red Flag.

Seriously Brandi, I'd go to a few shows an talk to breeders there to get a decent cat. Get on their waiting list. IMO you are wasting your time and energy/money on these.

Were these ones I had emailed you about? or others you found?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you at all be interested in a 5 year old? I am trying to find a snaggletoothed blue/gray persian with HUGE blue eyes a home. He is mine, we were originally going to keep him and have had him a little while now, but he is just bullied so badly by the other cats. HE is so mellow and just lays around like a frog or on his back with his legs spread out. I am just waiting for a good home to come along. I am not actively searching to rehome him to anyone that wants him. I am more then happy keeping him but I don't think this is the right home for him.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks goldenkitty we are still going to the show the one in winston as long as I dont have a class...We were just trying to find out about what is around here if any. And Jen yea I would be interested but i dont know how it would go here for him either. With our 3 cats and 3 dogs...The dogs would love him I know that all 3 of the dogs think they are mommas
My two oldest cats wouldnt have a thing to do with him and our baby sam doesnt seem to care who likes her and who doesnt she just goes on about her own business ignoring everyone and everything...

Yea I know it would go better in the breeders forum when I first posted it I just wasnt thinking...Sorry!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I agree with golden kitty I was coming back to ask that she beat me to it

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Skimming thru it all I would NOT buy any of the kittens from ANY of them. IMO they sound too much like backyard breeders - not ones that are dedicated to the breed. The first one is a horrible backyard breeder - a good breeder NEVER sells or places their left over kittens in a pet shop! That's a major Red Flag.
I agree!

One thing (among many) that stood out like a sore thumb was this comment from breeder #3: "Could you tell me if you are interested in obtaining breeding/show rights or want the kitty just as a lovable pet?"

I never ask this question to people inquiring about kittens. They are all being sold as pets as far as I'm concerned. If a breeder is interested in one of my kittens, they will say so up front. Then the inquistion starts.

If it's a newbie wanting to start up a cattery, that's fine, but there will be a battery of questions and lots of phone convo's before they even get to our cattery to start looking at the kittens. I personally don't think my breed needs anymore new breeders, so I rarely sell to newbies. Can't think of a newbie I've sold to in over 7 years. Doesn't mean I won't, but most I've run across haven't done their homework and that doesn't sit well with me most of the time.

Anyway, good luck in your search. Good breeders are out there, you can find them. Just need to be careful, for every good breeder, there is another bad one waiting to take your money.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always said he is blue gray, he has lighter and darker on him. He does have big blue eyes. You tell me, is he Persian or Himmie? Sorry, his eyes always come out red. But check out that snaggletooth! I have posted him before I think, and he used to be my avatar if he looks familar to anyone. I don't have a sig though so my cats aren't ones that everyone knows right away.