Wrinkles AND Pimples

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I've always thought that when I'm old enough to have wrinkles, I'd no longer get pimples but evidently that's not the case.

Anybody else experience this? It's so unfair!
NOOOOOOOOOOO.... I was looking foward to the end of zits.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, I'm 29 and my skin is worse than it ever was as teenager
the only upside is that my skin is so oily, I have no wrinkles what-so-ever, not even the beginnings of crow's feet
so I'm okay with the trade off i suppose

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your so lucky Katie

I'm glad my pimples are at a minimum and only get them from touching my face too much. However due to years and years of contact wear and having extremely sensitive eyes to the sun (actually it would help if I were locked in an enclosed room like a psycho for 9 hours out of my day!) the skin around my eyes look like gross from all the crows feet.

So before I even hit 30 I'm buying anti-aging/wrinkle creams.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

well, I'm 29 and my skin is worse than it ever was as teenager
the only upside is that my skin is so oily, I have no wrinkles what-so-ever, not even the beginnings of crow's feet
so I'm okay with the trade off i suppose
I'm 45 and don't have any wrinkles either, not even lines around my eyes. I do have very oily skin. In fact I wake up in the morning my face is so greasy that it feels like someone has slathered oil on my skin. I've been lucky when it comes to acne and haven't really had a problem. As a teenager I'd get a few pimples a year but Clearacil Soap cleared them right up. As an adult I only got the odd pimple when I was on birth control pills.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had any acne as a teen, but once I hit about 35 and my hormones started shifting, I developed what is called "adult onset acne." Mine is cystic, which means it gets incredibly painful. So bad, that I am actually taking BC to control the bacteria levels in my skin. I don't NEED the BC as I had a hysto in 2002, so it's weird to take it for my skin, especially as I always had really clear skin.

As far as the wrinkles go, bring 'em on. They tell a story, and I see no reason to worry about them.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
my acne was very controlled on BC, but as I have high blood pressure and am not, uh, active enough to really warrant being on it anymore, plus condoms are needed for other precautions
I figured I would just take myself off of it. I really only break out right before my period so its not too bad

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im 24 and I have smile expression wrinkles permanently in my forhead (from raising my eyebrows and smiling... Its a bummer)... I also started having issues with acne this past year but I finally got that under control with Differin gel and a benzoyl face wash... Gotta love those dermatologists sometimes!