TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ohhhhh...I HATE being numb....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ohhhhh...I HATE being numb....

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I got back a while ago from getting a few fillings and my whole bottom jaw was numb. Now it's just the left side. I just bit my lip while trying to eat....I'M STARVING and couldn't wait anymore. My poor wittle lip.....I have never had a filling before this and wasn't expecting it to last this long...even being on the flip side of this situation every day....oh well.....
post #2 of 15
I hate being numb too at least it won't last forever! hope your lip feels better
post #3 of 15
I always schedule my dentist appointment for the latest one available (so I don't have to use too much vacation time from work.) I just take a nap when I get home, until the numbness is gone. I hate that numb feeling, but I hate the 'crawly' feeling when feeling is coming back worse!
post #4 of 15
This might sound weird but I love getting numbed at the dentist. The only thing I hate is when it wears off my chin starts to itch. Annoying!!!
post #5 of 15
Eww! Sorry to hear that.

I hate that numb feeling, and I hate the pain that happens as it works itself out. Unless the cavities are deep and need more than a couple minutes of drilling, I usually don't bother with freezing. You might find it hard to believe, but the sensation of the freezing coming out hurts more than drilling without freezing.
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Eww! Sorry to hear that.

I hate that numb feeling, and I hate the pain that happens as it works itself out. Unless the cavities are deep and need more than a couple minutes of drilling, I usually don't bother with freezing. You might find it hard to believe, but the sensation of the freezing coming out hurts more than drilling without freezing.
Mine were deep. We use, at my office, this machine called air abrasion and we use it when the cavities aren't deep. Mine were, thanks to parents that never ttok me to the dentist when I was little. I also have to get my wisdoms out soon too

And the crawling feeling is HORRIBLE! My lip is starting to do that and my chin is itching...UGH!

I kept trying to talk to my co-worker after the doctor made me numb and I kep biting my tongue. She said don't do that....it won't hurt now but it will later and it does And when the doc adjusted my bite, he asked how it felt and I said "Well it feels high but I could be biting my tongue" and he said "Yep. You are."
post #7 of 15
I made the dentist give me three shots of novacaine once I don't remember having the pulling/itching feeling though
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I made the dentist give me three shots of novacaine once I don't remember having the pulling/itching feeling though
I had 5 cavities(thanks to mom and dad never getting me sealants when I was little) 2 on my upper right and 2 on my lower right and one on my lower left.....I actually had 3 shots on the different parts and I actually didn't feel the first 2(Dr. G is good at giving shots and them not pinching) but the last one pinched SOOOOOOO BADSo anyways my whole lower jaw was soooo numb and now that they are wearing off, my tongue is starting to hurt from biting it

Just curious, where do you go, Katie?
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
This might sound weird but I love getting numbed at the dentist. The only thing I hate is when it wears off my chin starts to itch. Annoying!!!
I hate that! My face always itches SO bad aftewards. I've dug holes in my skin before trying to scratch it
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
I had 5 cavities(thanks to mom and dad never getting me sealants when I was little) 2 on my upper right and 2 on my lower right and one on my lower left.....I actually had 3 shots on the different parts and I actually didn't feel the first 2(Dr. G is good at giving shots and them not pinching) but the last one pinched SOOOOOOO BADSo anyways my whole lower jaw was soooo numb and now that they are wearing off, my tongue is starting to hurt from biting it

Just curious, where do you go, Katie?
I used to go to Dr Gaishauser, I'm guessing that's who you go to as Dr G is much easier to type but he's not in my DHMO, but I'm actually thinking of switching back from the DHMO so I can go to him again, I REALLY liked him
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
I used to go to Dr Gaishauser, I'm guessing that's who you go to as Dr G is much easier to type but he's not in my DHMO, but I'm actually thinking of switching back from the DHMO so I can go to him again, I REALLY liked him
Actually it's not Gaishauser. I work for Drs. Kramer and Goyette(in The Reserve across from Beuhler's on 18) and I didn't feel like typing out Goyette.....We get any work done for free so it's soooo nice! But I love it. I have heard good things about Gaishauser though.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
Actually it's not Gaishauser. I work for Drs. Kramer and Goyette(in The Reserve across from Beuhler's on 18) and I didn't feel like typing out Goyette.....We get any work done for free so it's soooo nice! But I love it. I have heard good things about Gaishauser though.
that is an awesome perk!! I know i have a cavity, but my DHMO dentist made me mad so I never went to get it filled, that was probably a year ago it doesn't bother me, but I seem to have very weak teeth, i always have a dang cavity, so I'm sure i have at least one other one by now I'm seriously thinking about getting off the DHMO during open enrollment for my insurance
post #13 of 15
It's not so much the numbness I hate, it's the constant itching that I can't scratch cuz I can't feel myself scratching!! I've even slapped myself in the face to try to get it to stop! (It doesn't work!)
post #14 of 15
awww i'm sorry hon! try putting a dab of hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and gently holding it to the spots in your mouth you bit- it will help them heal faster
post #15 of 15
I hate that numb feeling too. When I got my wisdom teeth out a couple weeks ago, they numbed it in like 10 spots and it was really weird. The roof of my mouth was numb too...and those needles hurt really bad. I was sitting around with my mouth closed and thinking it felt weird and it turned out I was biting my tongue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Ohhhhh...I HATE being numb....