Roadkill

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason there has been a surplus of dead skunks in the road where I live lately. It's like everywhere I drive I smell stinky dead skunk. Gross.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
better to smell it going down the road then when you open your house windows!!,lol

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you just have an abundance of them where you live....or is this their mating season , and that`s why so many are out and about?
We had to stop our car awhile back for a momma and her 4 kits to cross the road in front of us. They were fun to watch....and those kits were DARLING! (But I was`nt tempted to get out and try to pet!!!!!!!!!!!!) :-)
Linda

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a fellow Indiana--er,, I agree..

The skunks have been horrible.. Alive as well as dead...

My poor dogs were in there kennel the other night, and I heard them yelp, I went outside, and there was a skunk spraying... Thank god,, she was far enough away from them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

What do you just have an abundance of them where you live....or is this their mating season , and that`s why so many are out and about?
We had to stop our car awhile back for a momma and her 4 kits to cross the road in front of us. They were fun to watch....and those kits were DARLING! (But I was`nt tempted to get out and try to pet!!!!!!!!!!!!) :-)
Linda
It just seems like this year they are everywhere. I've noticed a lot of hawks in my area too. I wish the hawks would eat the skunks.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's been a lot more than usualy in my area too. Of course, I'm a bit of a freak... I actually enjoy the smell of skunk so it doesn't bother me much.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have noticed the smell of them a lot lately, but I haven't been seeing any. My bedroom smells like skunk like every night...but I sleep in the computer room on the floor (thats where the AC is) so it doesn't bother me much. I can't smell it in here.