Day 2 dose #2

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today is day 2 after starting the medicine. I have a lot of cramping and pain last night and the cramping was still here this morning. I am also bleeding heavier today. Actually I started bleeding heavier the day before I went to the doctor. I have no idea how many days it will take before the medicine starts taking effect. I am fixing to go and take some more Motrin.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what did they give you? sorry if i missed the post..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Provera 2 times a day for 10 days.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i took that, i took it for the reverse reason, i DIDNT have a period. But i do know it usually works within 2-4 days from the last pill, so hang in there!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand. I take this pill for 10 days and it will be 12-14 days before I stop bleeding.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would be a good idea to pick up an iron supplement and take one tablet in the morning and one at night for a few months. With all of that bleeding you are probably anemic.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TMI***I was bleeding to the point of having to go to the store a little after 9am to get super maxi pads. In 3 hours I had go through 3 pantyliners. end TMI***

The cramps are better as long as I take a pain reliever. When that starts to wear off I start hurting again. To top that off I worry that my next cycle we do this same thing ago.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

TMI***I was bleeding to the point of having to go to the store a little after 9am to get super maxi pads. In 3 hours I had go through 3 pantyliners. end TMI***

The cramps are better as long as I take a pain reliever. When that starts to wear off I start hurting again. To top that off I worry that my next cycle we do this same thing ago.
Please go to the ER. The Provera shouldn't be making the bleeding worse, it should be slowing it down.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it has something to do with the pelvic exam and the day before the exam the bleeding started picking up. The pain and cramping started 4-5pm yesterday after the exam. I am trying to wait a least a few days to see if the medicine will take effect. But I have no idea how long it should take for it to take effect.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a nurse, and I have polycystic ovary and have taken Provera for heavy bleeding. I'm telling you that Provera doesn't make things worse. Please go to the ER

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long is this medicine supposed to take to make the bleeding stop. I am asking because I can not go anywhere right this moment.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

How long is this medicine supposed to take to make the bleeding stop. I am asking because I can not go anywhere right this moment.
Well I answered this one and it didn't post, and couldn't access any part of the forum portion of the site.

Please call the office where this medication was prescribed. They need to know how you are responding (or not) to this, and that you actually have an increase in flow, plus are now passing clots.

I'm a retired RN, was on Provera in the past (though for a different reason than you) and I agree with Natalie_Ca, this needs to be addressed asap. At the least, call them and update them and let them tell you when it should kick in, if you should stop taking it, and/or be seen at the er.