ARGH! I officially hate this one store! *Venting*

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I ordered from Pizza Hut online and the guy comes to deliver my pizza but he forgot the side item and told me to call back the store. I call back about 4 times and then I finally get a short, rude and angry answer, "Dude we're closed. Quit calling us!". And then he hung up before I could talk!
The delivery guy told me to call them back to send a driver out here for me cheese sticks. I know, it's just cheese sticks but the fact is that whoever was on the other line was rude to not hear me out, even if they were just closing.
Argh! I've already sent a comment to the customer representatives from their website. Hopefully they'll contact the manager for this matter but most likely they won't. I know how these big corporation businesses work since I used to work for one, they never handle 'small matters'.

Has this happened to anyone else?! (Well, not from just Pizza Hut but in general.)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Pizza Hut is pretty good around here. What your local one did was wrong though. I would file a complaint and let them know that what they did was rude and no way to treat a customer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Our Pizza Hut is pretty good around here. What your local one did was wrong though. I would file a complaint and let them know that what they did was rude and no way to treat a customer.
I've never filed a complaint before so I don't even know where to start! My husband though doesn't usually like to do things like that. He's more of a "let it be, it's nothing big", kind of guy. But me, I always like it's the fact that they did it no matter how small the price was.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

I've never filed a complaint before so I don't even know where to start! My husband though doesn't usually like to do things like that. He's more of a "let it be, it's nothing big", kind of guy. But me, I always like it's the fact that they did it no matter how small the price was.
i would not let that one go since you paid for a service and they did not provide it. also, those people who were rude to you need to be taught how to properly treat customers without being rude. i would be nice about it, but i would file a complaint and let their managers/supervisors know what they did was not polite.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go in while they are open and ask to speak to a manager. I had to do that last week at Swiss Chalet, but not because of the service but because the food we got for take out was disguisting. They gave me a credit for the same meal again. Usually places are pretty good about things if you speak to a manager.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You paid for them already because you ordered online? You need to demand a free pizza in addition to the cheese sticks.

I don't like the big chains. We order from the local places in town. A couple of weeks ago I was having a very stressful day, and ordered pizzas for dinner. When they came, the delivery girl asked, "How is you day going?" and I said, "Horrible" and burst into tears! How embarrassing!

She wanted to give me the pizzas for free! I paid, though, but that was really nice of her. The mom & pop places have to be nicer to survive, and the pizza's usually better.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband's going to call them today. He's very good at dealing with people. I tend to blow a gasket or two.
I feel sorry for the driver though. I don't think it was his fault, they just give him the stuff to deliver, right? And it wasn't like he would've known that they wouldn't pick up the blasted phone!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think once your husband speaks to someone there, he should decide whether it was handled appropriately or not before calling corporate. If the manager takes satisfactory action, then let it be, but if he is rude as well, or doesn't do anything about it, I say call corporate.

I've given compliments and complaints about companies, but I tend to take my complaints to the local store first, and then if they handle it well, I'll call corporate and compliment them on the handling of the situation.

Once I went to KFC and ordered the boneless buffalo wings meal, and I didn't realize until I was home that there wasn't anything remotely like what I ordered in the bag. I called the place, explained that I wanted to talk to a manager and then told him what happened. He said if I wanted to come back by (they weren't far from my apartment) they would take care of it.

I went in, not only did they give me the right food, but they gave me all my money back. I called the corporate customer service line and left a wonderful compliment and the representative said it was great to hear it, since they usually get angry people who call.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered pizza and breadsticks from Pizza Hut the other night an hour before they closed. We were going to pick it up as it would be ready in 20 minutes. We at first wanted a Buffalo Chicken Pizza and the girl said they didn't have chicken so we got a different kind, another pizza and an order of breadsticks. I asked for 2 extra sauces as I LOVE a lot of sauce. We went to pick it up and we ended up getting garlic sauce(which I didn't even know they had) and no pizza sauce at all with our breadsticks. We went back and asked for 2 pizza sauces and the girl said she didn't have any made and it would be 10 minutes before any was ready. So she was closing the store an HOUR early! That's why she had no chicken ready either
If I would have thought about it, I would have told her "Yeah I'll wait. Go ahead and make it." I know there was no way we were the only ones affected by this girl. I wanted to call and complain but my friend said no. How do you close a pizza place an hour early?!?

BUT this is the first time I had problems here.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man, now I am craving pizza!
I order from a local, tiny pizza place a couple of miles away - Roviente's. Yummy pizza and crust is just delicious. If we are feeding a crowd, we go with Domino's, yecky

The small place gives excellent service and I have never had a problem with them. Domino's is more impersonal, but the delivery people are wonderful. No complaints with them yet. Now, our local restaurants some of my co-workers order from are always messing up orders but usually offer to fix it in some way.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked at Pizza Hut for 9 years, and I would definitely talk to the manager. You're right, it really wasn't really the driver's fault, although they are supposed to check and make sure everything is there before they leave, but if he was delivering multiple orders and have more coming out they are sometimes literally shoved out the door. But, there is NO excuse for the guy on the phone to be so rude. I'm betting you'll get at least a free pizza out of it or possibly a free dinner.

I doubt the guy will get fired for it, but he will get written up, and at least at the store I worked for that is taken seriously. Policy was 3 write ups in a yr they have grounds to fire you.

Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

We ordered pizza and breadsticks from Pizza Hut the other night an hour before they closed. We were going to pick it up as it would be ready in 20 minutes. We at first wanted a Buffalo Chicken Pizza and the girl said they didn't have chicken so we got a different kind, another pizza and an order of breadsticks. I asked for 2 extra sauces as I LOVE a lot of sauce. We went to pick it up and we ended up getting garlic sauce(which I didn't even know they had) and no pizza sauce at all with our breadsticks. We went back and asked for 2 pizza sauces and the girl said she didn't have any made and it would be 10 minutes before any was ready. So she was closing the store an HOUR early! That's why she had no chicken ready either
If I would have thought about it, I would have told her "Yeah I'll wait. Go ahead and make it." I know there was no way we were the only ones affected by this girl. I wanted to call and complain but my friend said no. How do you close a pizza place an hour early?!?

BUT this is the first time I had problems here.
Most likely they were out of chicken. The chicken comes in frozen and pre-cooked (at least it did when I worked there) and there's no problem with putting frozen toppings on the pizza. We always ran out of chicken, but that was because our manager was stupid and didn't order enough...but we were still out. The pizza sauce though...did you want pizza sauce (as in cold) or did you want stick sauce that is warm? Pizza sauce shouldn't have been a problem, but stick sauce, if they would out, would have had to been run through the oven to heat it up which would have taken about 10 min. For some reason which I never understood, once you run out of stick sauce at the end of a slow night you don't make anymore unless it is requested. I think stick sauce doesn't keep as well overnight as pizza sauce since stick sauce is cooked and pizza sauce stays cold.

Sorry this was so long. Just had to address some things from an insider's point of view.

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first time we had a problem with Pizza Hut I filled out a form online and they apologiesed for the incident and ended up sending us a coupon for a free pizza. For the record, the coupon was supposed to be honored at ANY location. When we went to actually use the coupon Pizza Hut refused to honor it and acted like we were trying to scam them…not exactly a great attempt to “making things rightâ€.
Because the manager was such a jerk we left a message for their district manager. He never returned our call. We ended up driving to another town north of here that would honor it and- to their credit- they were incredibly friendly and helpful. Those were the only two problems we ever had when we used to go there, so I don't want to make it sound like I am bashing the chain or that it happens all the time.

We werenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t looking for freebies so we didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t fill out another complaint form on their corporate site, but it really might be the best option if the store doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t try to make things right. I did the same thing when we had an issue with a nasty Walgreens worker and I think they took his behavior much more seriously than if I had just gone into the store and complained.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully that driver will vouge for you!!!

We have this start up delivery company in our area that you call one main number, place an order through them, and they'll go pick up the food from the list of restaurants they have.

One night we waited an hour and a half after ordering online and receiving the confirmation that the order was taken place (the confirmation came immediately). I called the place wondering about our order only to be told they never received it!!!
We were STARVED!!! She politely (she did have good customer service, just the operation in general sucked!!!) informed me that their printing system was down so that all online orders were not being received for the evening.

She asked if I wanted to place the order over the phone.

I asked her how long it would take

She said an hour.

I hung up.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call back tomorrow and ask to speak to the manager, hopefully they'll take care of the issue. I've never had any problems with pizza hut messing up one of my orders. They do however tend to take a LONG time to deliver something.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I would go in while they are open and ask to speak to a manager. I had to do that last week at Swiss Chalet, but not because of the service but because the food we got for take out was disguisting. They gave me a credit for the same meal again. Usually places are pretty good about things if you speak to a manager.
yep, that is what I would do too, I like dealing with things in person.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we called back but now we have to call again tomorrow because only the assistant manager was there at the time and the actual store manager wouldn't be in until tomorrow.
I finally got a message from the customer feedback online and they did the usual 'sorry about your experience' deal and said they would send a copy of the e-mail to the manager.
Oi, this is getting tiring but it's gotta be done or else the same thing will happen to another person.