Leopalorns on RAW!

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It all started when I gave him ground bison meat brought at lunds and he ate it with gusto and now he's eating the natures varity chicken and turkey madalions all by himself.
I have a friend who hunts, should I get pheasent organs, ect from him when bird hunting season hits ?.

I've never had a cat on raw before, Bindi tried it but went back to reg catfood. They get a Innova EVO wet and an Origen/innova mix dry in addton to raw. Every now and then I also give them Rabbit guts when I get rabbit from the bucher or Lunds.

Lepalorns still a kitten will he revert back to catfood too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
PS, I've tried Chicken and Turkey Natures varity, Are the other kinds any good, I had a rotten time with their lamb

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only rotated beef chicken and rabbit but that was picky girls

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Went to the vet today and found out hes gained 8 onces in 2 weeks!

Hes eating his raw very well now, When you switch to raw, is it like everything else, is it easier if the cats still a kitten?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would imagine it is easier in kittens but my then nearly 16 yr old took right too it as soon as I learned to do it HER way

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suspect if you start them as kittens they grow up liking it and don't stop eating it.

But are you giving them more then just the "guts"? I would think if you were feeding raw you include the normal meat that you'd be eating. You don't want him just to have the organ meat and not the other.

Personally I don't like feeding raw, but if you like it and the cat does, then do it.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I buy a pre made raw, (Natures varity) and add in Raw ground bison meat or rabbit guts from time to time I buy the rabbit at the store whenever I feel like treating myself and it comes with liver and kiddeys

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Went to the vet today and found out hes gained 8 onces in 2 weeks!

Hes eating his raw very well now, When you switch to raw, is it like everything else, is it easier if the cats still a kitten?
I would say so, yes. I have a little guy here now that isn't very interested in anything but raw. He won't even eat dry food - at all! He's not sure about canned food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I would suspect if you start them as kittens they grow up liking it and don't stop eating it.

But are you giving them more then just the "guts"? I would think if you were feeding raw you include the normal meat that you'd be eating. You don't want him just to have the organ meat and not the other.

Personally I don't like feeding raw, but if you like it and the cat does, then do it.
He is using a "complete " raw mix

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope, dont do that, too complex and dangerous healthwise with the raw meat and all. I might give um a bit of bison meat, ground or the guts from rabbit, But making raw sounds like to much work............

Although I do wonder with all this recalling that one day too ensure the very survival of our pets we will all have to make our own food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Nope, dont do that, too complex and dangerous healthwise with the raw meat and all. I might give um a bit of bison meat, ground or the guts from rabbit, But making raw sounds like to much work............

Although I do wonder with all this recalling that one day too ensure the very survival of our pets we will all have to make our own food.
Homemade raw is safe and easy IF YOU have the RIGHT tools... I choose premade meat organ and bone mix mostly cause of cost and my own immune system....

We should be MORE worried about what we PUT in our bodies... lol ... the animals foods actually are safer than most of our foods

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
THATS creepy, Personally I don't like any of the fast food places, and I'll by a sandwhich at mississippi market or snack on some fruit. But, ice cream and hershery speical dark bars I love too.

I useally eat pritty healthy though, I never drink pop very often only water.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today Leopalorn ate a litle raw but then turned his nose up, I'm thinking he snacks on the Orijen from time to time. He OVES the tothpase i got frm the vets though

I read in another thread posted about a powder you can buy to cover meat and organs you buy at the bucher or grocey store, instant raw! How many of these"powder" brands are there