New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leopalorns on RAW!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
It all started when I gave him ground bison meat brought at lunds and he ate it with gusto and now he's eating the natures varity chicken and turkey madalions all by himself. I have a friend who hunts, should I get pheasent organs, ect from him when bird hunting season hits ?.

I've never had a cat on raw before, Bindi tried it but went back to reg catfood. They get a Innova EVO wet and an Origen/innova mix dry in addton to raw. Every now and then I also give them Rabbit guts when I get rabbit from the bucher or Lunds.

Lepalorns still a kitten will he revert back to catfood too?
post #2 of 15
Thread Starter 
PS, I've tried Chicken and Turkey Natures varity, Are the other kinds any good, I had a rotten time with their lamb
post #3 of 15
I only rotated beef chicken and rabbit but that was picky girls
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Went to the vet today and found out hes gained 8 onces in 2 weeks!

Hes eating his raw very well now, When you switch to raw, is it like everything else, is it easier if the cats still a kitten?
post #5 of 15
I would imagine it is easier in kittens but my then nearly 16 yr old took right too it as soon as I learned to do it HER way
post #6 of 15
I would suspect if you start them as kittens they grow up liking it and don't stop eating it.

But are you giving them more then just the "guts"? I would think if you were feeding raw you include the normal meat that you'd be eating. You don't want him just to have the organ meat and not the other.

Personally I don't like feeding raw, but if you like it and the cat does, then do it.
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
I buy a pre made raw, (Natures varity) and add in Raw ground bison meat or rabbit guts from time to time I buy the rabbit at the store whenever I feel like treating myself and it comes with liver and kiddeys
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther pride View Post
Went to the vet today and found out hes gained 8 onces in 2 weeks!

Hes eating his raw very well now, When you switch to raw, is it like everything else, is it easier if the cats still a kitten?
I would say so, yes. I have a little guy here now that isn't very interested in anything but raw. He won't even eat dry food - at all! He's not sure about canned food.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I would suspect if you start them as kittens they grow up liking it and don't stop eating it.

But are you giving them more then just the "guts"? I would think if you were feeding raw you include the normal meat that you'd be eating. You don't want him just to have the organ meat and not the other.

Personally I don't like feeding raw, but if you like it and the cat does, then do it.
He is using a "complete " raw mix
post #10 of 15
Ok, was a bit worried there it was a homemade raw
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Nope, dont do that, too complex and dangerous healthwise with the raw meat and all. I might give um a bit of bison meat, ground or the guts from rabbit, But making raw sounds like to much work............

Although I do wonder with all this recalling that one day too ensure the very survival of our pets we will all have to make our own food.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther pride View Post
Nope, dont do that, too complex and dangerous healthwise with the raw meat and all. I might give um a bit of bison meat, ground or the guts from rabbit, But making raw sounds like to much work............

Although I do wonder with all this recalling that one day too ensure the very survival of our pets we will all have to make our own food.
Homemade raw is safe and easy IF YOU have the RIGHT tools... I choose premade meat organ and bone mix mostly cause of cost and my own immune system....

We should be MORE worried about what we PUT in our bodies... lol ... the animals foods actually are safer than most of our foods
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
THATS creepy, Personally I don't like any of the fast food places, and I'll by a sandwhich at mississippi market or snack on some fruit. But, ice cream and hershery speical dark bars I love too.

I useally eat pritty healthy though, I never drink pop very often only water.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Today Leopalorn ate a litle raw but then turned his nose up, I'm thinking he snacks on the Orijen from time to time. He OVES the tothpase i got frm the vets though


I read in another thread posted about a powder you can buy to cover meat and organs you buy at the bucher or grocey store, instant raw! How many of these"powder" brands are there
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
He snacked a little on the raw but not as much as I'd like, prehaps hes eating some Orijen too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food