cat needs good home.

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think this would be the place to post. My partner and i have moved back on campus at college this year, so we don't have a place to keep our baby, Bryne Kelly. She's a really great cat and she never does anything wrong. She never clawed anything up and doesnt have hair balls. her fur used to mat up, but it hasn't for a while. She does shed a lot though, but that's typical.

Right now she is staying at my parents house, but they already have a lot of animals and she doesnt necessarily like other pets, especially the large number she is dealing with at their house. In July she stayed with a friend who had a cat and after a day Bryne learned to live with the fact she would have another cat friend and they grew fond of each other, so i know she can do it again. The problem is that my friend can't keep her anymore so i took her to my parents house. When I did this I told them that she would only stay with them for a week and it'll be two this saturday. I was wondering if anyone can find it in their hearts to open up their home to Bryne.

She doesnt have any papers and she hasn't been to the vet, which i know is bad, but we never got the money. If someone would be willing to take her, i can get her to the vet for a check up and shots. I am pretty sure that she is fixed, but that is just what the woman who had her before told me. The woman i got her from rescued her and brought her back to health. She gave her shots that you can order off of pet sites, but i know those dont qualify with vets anymore.

Next year I am thinking about moving off campus again, so i would be able to bring her back with me if you do not want a long term pet. I just dont want her to go to a bad home, because she is such an amazing cat. She filled my heart with joy after the passing of my last cat and i dont want to see her hurt.

If you know any shelters i could take her to or have any advice i would really apprecaite it.

thank you so much,

- Amanda

barbb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to take her to the vet and get her checked and get her the requisite shots and frontline even though you don't have the money. It is your baby and it will increase her chances for a reputable home.

Then you need to advertise her for adoption. You should put fliers on campus, at all major animal hospitals, at your church on the bulletin board, anywhere you think there will be potential responsible parents.

You need to get really good pictures of your kitty and write a long description of her habits, her routines, and how she has touched your heart.

You need to download an adoption questionnaire from the internet along with an adoption contract. Just google them and download ones that fit your need. Anyone interested in your cat, have them visit you. Let them meet the cat. Make them fill out the questionnaire and form. Screen them and charge them $50 for your cat assuming they are good people. No one will value your cat if you don't place a value on her yourself, so charge the money.

When you send her off, give all her worldly possesions to the new parents. Make a narrative and list of her likes and dislikes, her favorite food, her litter, her toys, when she poos each day, where to put the litter box, what other people or animals she gets along with and so on.

I think you need to really treat this the same as your college courses. You are rehoming this little kitty and if you don't find a good home it will haunt you for the rest of your life, more than anything.

I don't think it is fair to ask someone to foster a cat for a year, but if you are serious about keeping her, I do know cat sitters here in Chicagoland who are keeping cats for 6 months to satisfy a quarantine requirement for people who have to move to the UK with their cats. So you may be able to pay a sitter to keep your cat for a year. However don't be surprised if they want to keep her at the end of the time.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
mandm you were give very good advise from BarbB follow it and I'm sure it will work out .
Sorry that you have to give your fur-baby a new home I know this must be hard for you. You seem like your in a hurry finds the right home because if you don't you won't be able to rest . Good luck I wish the best for you and you baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BarbB

You need to take her to the vet and get her checked and get her the requisite shots and frontline even though you don't have the money. It is your baby and it will increase her chances for a reputable home.

Then you need to advertise her for adoption. You should put fliers on campus, at all major animal hospitals, at your church on the bulletin board, anywhere you think there will be potential responsible parents.

You need to get really good pictures of your kitty and write a long description of her habits, her routines, and how she has touched your heart.

You need to download an adoption questionnaire from the internet along with an adoption contract. Just google them and download ones that fit your need. Anyone interested in your cat, have them visit you. Let them meet the cat. Make them fill out the questionnaire and form. Screen them and charge them $50 for your cat assuming they are good people. No one will value your cat if you don't place a value on her yourself, so charge the money.

When you send her off, give all her worldly possesions to the new parents. Make a narrative and list of her likes and dislikes, her favorite food, her litter, her toys, when she poos each day, where to put the litter box, what other people or animals she gets along with and so on.

I think you need to really treat this the same as your college courses. You are rehoming this little kitty and if you don't find a good home it will haunt you for the rest of your life, more than anything.

I don't think it is fair to ask someone to foster a cat for a year, but if you are serious about keeping her, I do know cat sitters here in Chicagoland who are keeping cats for 6 months to satisfy a quarantine requirement for people who have to move to the UK with their cats. So you may be able to pay a sitter to keep your cat for a year. However don't be surprised if they want to keep her at the end of the time.
thanks for the advice.

i wasn't saying that someone would only be able to keep her for a year, i was just saying if someone didn't want to keep her, but would like to help and take care of her until i can get her or find somewhere else for her to stay.
Thanks for the advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thankfully my mom works with a woman who rescues cats and fosters them all the time. my mom is going to ask her about finding Bryne a really good home. My mom says she rescues cats and fosters them until she can find the perfect home for them with owners who will do nothing but spoil and take care of the kitty as much as it should be taken care of. Bryne was always a spoiled cat and still is so i hope that she will find a home that will continue to take care of her the way my partner and i do.

with my pay check next week.. after my bills are paid hopefully i will have enough money to take her to the vet. i am in college so i have to pay for that along with countless bills. i barely ever have enough money to eat.. so let's hope this pay check is a little more than usual. I already know which vet she will go to, after talking with some friends on here.. but i just wanted to let you know she will be taken care of.

well that's it for now. =)

thanks again

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that you found someone who will be able to find her a good home. She looks like such a sweetheart.
I hope that they will give her the same loving home you have.