WTH just happened?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to restart my computer cuz a bunch of windows kept popping up with blank pages. I mean a bunch, like 50 and it kept going. WTH is up with that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I had to restart my computer cuz a bunch of windows kept popping up with blank pages. I mean a bunch, like 50 and it kept going. :censor::censor::censor: is up with that?
It just happend Again!!! It did it when I hit the back button on the browser. The windows say action cancelled. This is so annoying.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the above.

If windows are randomly popping up and you're only at TCS then you probably are infected.

If you don't have a antivirus or anything to scan with try TrendMicro's Housecall. It's free and will help you remove whatever is on there.

Also if you have the Yahoo toolbar, there is a free copy of Norton AntiSpyware on there. Install that and run as well.

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
Run a virus scan, and make sure you have something thta detects spy wear...if you dont, try download.com and find spybot search and destroy, gets rid of all those anoying bugs put in your computer that track you and what your doing, (most websites automatically do add one of these to you)!
Spywear can track all details like bank details and pass words! so always run a search regulaly!
HTH

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My cat Mellow

try download.com and find spybot search and destroy
Also use Ad-Aware and AVG Anti Spyware as these programs find spyware/malware that Spybot S&D misses.

Make sure you download all updates to the programs before you run a scan. It's good to use all three programs together.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once you've run a virus scan and gotten rid of whatever's causing it, download Mozilla Firefox - http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ and never use Internet Explorer ever again.

If you have any toolbars you've downloaded, get rid of them as well, no matter how fun they might look.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a trojon virus as well. Use a really good scanner that can detect anything amiss, even if it means you can't use your computer for an hour. Hopefully that'll solve it. If not, try a repairing program if your computer has it that'll detect any damaged files.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That exact some thing happened to me on my old computer!! I know how you feel. So many blank windows popped up the computer froze!! It only happened with Explorer so I started using Firefox.. Firefox never did that. I don't think it's a virus.. Both my anti-viruses didn't detect it.