Back from the doctor

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am gonna try and keep this short.

Went to the doctor today they almost were not gonna see me today because I live to far away. But they did see me for just this one time but then I can not go back unless I move there.

My bleeding may be caused be a few things. One my cycle could have just been off and I never produced an egg. Or could have done so to late. And this is what has caused this bleeding. I am on Provera for the next 10 days to hopefully stop the bleeding. If not I guess I will have to go to a hospital.

Next on the list. After the exam the doctor said just above me cervix is swollen and he said that it could be a fibroid tumor. All he said was keep an eye on it. Don't know how I am gonna do that if I have no doctor and no insurance. But whatever. So thats my update.

Any advice or suggestions. I am open to anything right now. We will be trying for insurance in October. We really can't afford it but probably will have to have it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was thinking "fibroid tumor" when you first posted about your problem, but didn't reply because I was aware of your lack of health insurance from other posts. If you can get insurance in October, it would probably be wise to do so.
Sorry that that's no help, but the more I see of cases like yours, the angrier I get at people who complain about the "costs" that a universal health insurance plan in the U.S. would entail. Selfish beasts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcat thank you for the post. I was very upset this morning after getting the news. I called my mom crying and everything. I am dealing with it better now.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, fibroids is just what I thought too, but I think we were all reluctant to try to diagnose you online, y'know? You really needed a professional opinion.

I had a friend years ago who also had fibroids, but she ignored it, and it got so bad that she bled continuously for four months.

Then one day, she went to see her eye doctor and he said, "Forget your glasses right now -- you're the palest person I've ever seen!" He wouldn't let her drive, but made her call her sister to take her to the hospital, where she was found to have lost so much blood they couldn't believe she was walking around. She didn't want children, so she went ahead and had a full hysterectomy.

I'm so glad you got at least a tentative diagnosis! You sure don't want to get as sick as my friend was. I'm sending vibes for the Provera to manage things for you, so you can hang on until October...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww -- just saw your second post -- don't cry, sweetie! You're apparently in an early stage, and you can probably either control it with medicine or just have the fibroids removed, not the whole shebang. You're going to be fine!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am fixing to run up to the store. My tummy hurts after seeing the doctor today.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No real advice, but my prayers are with you that the meds will help and it will not be something serious like that. I understand why you are upset.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully its not serious and that whatever swelling that is goes down after the Provera!!

You have some crazy regulated doctors out there! I've never heard of a doctor saying "No" because of where they live. I'm thinking in regards to college students who leave home and still use the home address as a perminant address.
Probably just local medical laws or that times have changed, huh?

After witnessing Veterans Affairs with B several times, I have to say that I'm 100% behind universal health care. Despite losing a few laptops and being government, I'd have to say that they give certain well known hospitals (a couple local to me) the run for their efficiency.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My goodness. My mother has a football sized fibroid and she takes medicine to regulate the bleeding. She has been on a waiting list for the last few years to get it removed and they keep delaying it. While our healthcare is cheap, it still sucks.

Sending vibes to you

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Hey Sweetie try not to cry I know it isn't easy . Take the Provera and maybe it will work out . Did the Doc do any test like a ultrasound to make sure because if not this isn't right he needs to confirm you could be swelling from all the bleeding but if it is a Fibriod at least it is early and you can take care of it should it needs to come out . Oct, isn't that far away and before you know it will be here.

By the way did you call your local aid office maybe they can help . I don't know your background but maybe there is something they can do to help you with medical.

Ping sending another Angel your way to watch over you

Hugs~
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

My goodness. My mother has a football sized fibroid and she takes medicine to regulate the bleeding. She has been on a waiting list for the last few years to get it removed and they keep delaying it. While our healthcare is cheap, it still sucks.

Sending vibes to you

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by heavenangels

Did the Doc do any test like a ultrasound to make sure because if not this isn't right he needs to confirm you could be swelling from all the bleeding but if it is a Fibriod at least it is early and you can take care of it should it needs to come out . Oct, isn't that far away and before you know it will be here.
No ultrasound no nothing. Just said it could be a fibroid and left it at that pretty much.

By the way did you call your local aid office maybe they can help . I don't know your background but maybe there is something they can do to help you with medical.
I have talked to them before. No help there at this point for me. I have to be jobless or make practically nothing to get that kind of help. Or pregnant.