Ears Pierced?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out there's another member in here who DOESN'T have pierced ears. Thought I was the only one. Anyone else not have pierced ears?

I really hate it when parents pierce babies/young child's ears - they have no say in whether or not they want it done! IMO its not right. Thoughts?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 3 holes in each ear, used to have the cartillage done in both ears too, but they got infected so i took them out. I had to get my first holes pierced 3 times and my second holes down twice because my ears kept getting infected, then i figured out why: I can only wear solid gold.

I don't really like it when parents get their babies' ears pierced either, why not just wait till when they ask to get it done?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got two holes in each ear..

And I got my little girl's ears done when she was about 1 years old. Then she has issues with her ears and we had to take them out,, not because of the earrings but because of the gunk coming out of her ears.

When she was 3 and half she wanted earrings so on her 4th birthday we got her ears pierced she didn't cry or anything.. She was soo proud of herself for being brave...

I don't see the big deal on doing it as a baby,, she didn't cry or anything when I got them done,, but sometimes it depends on the child too. She wanted them when she got older so either way it worked out..

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine pierced when I was 11, that was the rules, we had to prove we were old enough to take care of them ourselves.

It's cute on babies, but I agree, it's just not right.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one 0 gauge hole in each ear and two more normal sized ones in my left ear but I don't put earrings in them. I also wear an ear cuff in each ear but that isn't a piercing.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot bond with you on this one. I have two hoops in the upper cartilage of my left ear, I have 2 tragus piercings... I have three lobe piercings (one I dont use anymore) my first holes are a 4 gauge and my second holes are 6 gauge. I have a total of 10 holes in my ears (if we count the ones Im not using anymore, they wont close... sadly).

I got my first ear piercing at 3 for a potty training present... Its what I wanted, that was the present our aunt gave all us girls for using the potty!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have mine pierced.... 3 in the lobes & then 1 in my right cartlidge that I got done about 4 months ago & love it. I'm planning on getting my left side cartlidge done soon.

As for babies- I dont think its right either!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got my first ear piercings at 15 and the second ones about 3 years ago (that's enough).

All three of my grandaughters' ears were pierced at about a month old. My son threw a fit but, I bought the twins CZ birthstone earrings, for their first Christmas and Mia will get a pair, this year.

Mark is a fine one to talk - he pierced his OWN ear, at the age of 11 and had the nerve to "borrow" one of MY diamond studs. I removed that stud myself and was none too gentle about it. Mark now has 2 or 3 holes, in his ears but doesn't wear earrings any longer.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, for us, it's traditional and I love it, personally. Noses, too. Mine's pierced, of course; and the ears? Eight piercings in each. No, I'm not into the (bizarre, to me!) custom of piercing anything else, though.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i must admit i had my oldests done when she was about 2 months old, hers are great and never had a problem with them. my other daughter who is now 8 she had hers done at 4 when she asked for them (i never got it done before because i felt quilty about doing my other daughters) but she had a lot of problems and had to leave them to close up. she wanted to try again when she was 6 but the same thing happend. then again last year but again had to let them close. she is really upset that she cant have her ears pieced and she wants to try again, but i have said no enough is enough, if when she is older she wants to try again maybe, but not right now.
i have my ears pieced once never wanted more then then iv had this done when i was about 3 i think.
my oldest is already asking for a second hole done but iv said no wait untill she is older.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my oldest daughter was 13 we got her`s done for her birthday...it was the only thing she wanted.....and the gal who did them said that she`s do a second person for 1/2 price at the same time....(I`d never considered doing it before, but what the heck....I was only 29 myself at the time...and I could`nt pass up the bargin!)
Only problem I have is that anyhting other than REAL GOLD makes my ears sore....and I can`t afford a whole lot of REAL GOLD...so I don`t have too many earrings! (My body does`nt like cheap purfume either...only the expensive stuff.....The cheap stuff starts stinking on me in no time...so it does`nt get a lot of that either!)
Linda

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two extra holes in one ear and one in the other.

I haven't worn any earrings in years though and the holes are too small now to comfortably put an earring through although they're not healed up completely or anything.

Does that count?

I had mine pierced when I was 16, I loved it then but now it's just too much hassle. I had a cartilage piercing for a few months but it never healed properly so I ended up taking it out.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I don't have mine pierced (not that sweet little Chili hasn't tried her best to put two fang-sized holes in each ear) because I just can't get over the idea of poking holes in myself for any reason. I have a fetish for dangly, shiny earrings, though, and think if done tastefully even multiple piercings can be gorgeous. I just can't get over the whole idea of putting a hole in my ear, no matter how nice earrings look. It feels too much like mutilating my body.

And no, these views are solely my own and certainly have no effect on anyone's pierced ears... I think most of them look lovely. And I do wear clip ons and the ones that wind their way around the cartilage to stay on.

However, as to piercing a child's ears... big no no in my opinion. If your child really wants pierced ears and is responsible enough to care for them at least partly, and you've explained the pros and cons.. then sure. But piercing babies ears is just a big no no in my opinion. I'd never forgive my mother if she'd have done it to me, and while I know most people certainly don't view piercing as I do, there's always going to be a small percentage of children who do, and it's better safe than sorry.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine were pierced when I was little but they closed in and I haven't had them opened since.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't let me baby or young child have their ears pierced, until they were at that age where they can ask me.

I was never allowed to have my ears pierced or have tattoos till i turned 21 (because i went interstate for my bday i got a tattoo lol) i even get still annoyed by my father about having 'shrapnel' in my ears and when i wear makeup he says 'have you been punched in the eyes again?' (in ref to eyeshadow)

what an *rse