Oh no! When did I become *that* neighbor?!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm standing in my dining room just about to call someone and I happen to look out the window and I see some kids walking down the street. The garbage men had just picked up the garbage, so my can is still out there.

Anyway they of course walk down the street and start kicking my can all over the place. The dogs start going nuts and I run out my front door and start screaming "YOU WANNA NOT KICK MY
?!?!"

They kept walking and I went back inside... I had to laugh at myself. Yeah what they were doing was wrong and annoying, but I just became *that* neighbor... the one who yells at all the kids!

Ok... maybe its time for a nice cup of tea and a sit down.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had to be "that" neighbor too. Like when I see complex kids (we live in an apartment complex) throwing rocks or playing catch over someones cars. Even my husband has once when some kids from a few buildings away were beating up on the kid next door.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd yell too!!!! I hate when kids have no respect for other people's stuff!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems as most kids these days don't have respect for peoples property like they used to. The kids around our neighborhood always ride their bikes through our lawn, the next door kids always play in our yard wrecking our flowers, and they have even scratched our vehicles. I tell ya!

Sometimes you have to become *that* neighbor!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yeah, I know the feeling! I caught a boy urinating on the fence and chased him off. I hope he didnt have time to put it back in his pants!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It says alot about parents these days too... kids learn respect from their parents and envrionment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

It says alot about parents these days too... kids learn respect from their parents and envrionment.
Very true. If I had pulled a stunt like that my mother would have kicked my butt into next week!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would've went ape
on those kids. It's terrible that youngsters have no respect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I would've went ape
on those kids. It's terrible that youngsters have no respect.
I think what gets me more is they were probably about 16. At that age, you know better.

I happened to be talking to one of my friends when this happened and she told me I should have turned the hose on them. When I said I didn't have it handy she replied "always have your hose ready! what kind of cranky old biddy are you? frankly, im disappointed"
That's the best thing I've heard all day

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

I think what gets me more is they were probably about 16. At that age, you know better.

I happened to be talking to one of my friends when this happened and she told me I should have turned the hose on them. When I said I didn't have it handy she replied "always have your hose ready! what kind of cranky old biddy are you? frankly, im disappointed"
That's the best thing I've heard all day
Thats hysterical!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...well, maybe so, but don't blame the "victim" -- it's the kids who were originally inconsiderate and in the wrong, not you! Too bad the parents don't teach them to be respectful of others and this would not happen.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I don't blame you a bit -- but I know just what you mean. I had a laugh at myself the other day, too: I'd just cleaned out the side yard where all these flooding rains have created a mudflow down across the sidewalk... I'd raked the soil up, sown it with grass seed, raked it some more, and watered it down... a huge job for someone in such poor condition as I am.

As I was walking back around to the garage to put the tools away, two carloads of teenagers pulled up in the street beside my newly-seeded yard, and they all piled out, whooping and hollering. Well, I whirled around and stalked back over there (as best one can stalk in mud-caked plastic zoris) to make sure they weren't bothering my mudflat, by golly! I must have looked ridiculous in all my righteous indignation, with that rake all ready to whack 'em if they went near my grass seed!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh trust me.. I'm *that* person too.. I live in the country, but we used to live in a neighborhood, and if I'd seen teenagers pulling crap, I'd been all over them.. Bunch of punks!! No respect, and furthermore they lack discpline.. the whole lot of em...

Okay I'm off my high horse now... LOL.. and I'm only 30..

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You all shouldn't feel bad. I'm a teenager and I'd be all over them. That is unacceptable, regardless of age...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

You all shouldn't feel bad. I'm a teenager and I'd be all over them. That is unacceptable, regardless of age...
...for tellin' it like it is. There's no excuse for inconsideration or rudeness, at any age -- so right!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it were my kids

I've had a problem with teens in the neighborhood walking through my FENCED IN yard

I have beware of dog and no tresspassing all over the fence and they ignore it.
Apparently it's a shortcut for them.
I've threatened NUMEROUS times to let Jake out when they do it.
What bothers me the most is they yell back and cuss like you wouldn't believe.
I've confronted the parents and was cussed out

Apples dont fall far from the tree

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

If it were my kids

I've had a problem with teens in the neighborhood walking through my FENCED IN yard

I have beware of dog and no tresspassing all over the fence and they ignore it.
Apparently it's a shortcut for them.
I've threatened NUMEROUS times to let Jake out when they do it.
What bothers me the most is they yell back and cuss like you wouldn't believe.
I've confronted the parents and was cussed out

Apples dont fall far from the tree
Got THAT right. And the whole society seems to be like that, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe eventually they'll figure out that it's NOT the perfect world they say it is, and start caring about one another! Ya think???

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

...for tellin' it like it is. There's no excuse for inconsideration or rudeness, at any age -- so right!
Aww, you're welcome. I have a very low tolerance level for people messing with my stuff. We have problems with teens and their "small vehicles" (AKA anything barely legal with at least two wheels that they can destroy your property with) and we've gotten ugly before. The no trespassing signs have mostly done it, thankfully, as well as large logs blocking the trails. Briars/thornbushes might help you, as well.

Goodness, Dixie!!!! Now that is where it's a good idea to fertilize your yard.. with large amounts of cow manure.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am ALWAYS catching the little kids in our cul de sac standing in my front yard drying to catch lizards,and every time I go out and ask them how THEY'D feel living in a 10 gallon tank after having been born FREE. They look at me dumbfounded and then I tell them not to play on my property and leave MY lizards alone. The fact that 1) they're trying to catch lizards so they can put them in a tank or plastic "house" bugs the living crap out of me and 2) the fact that their parents don't teachthem to respect other people's property bugs the living crap out of me.
My husband and I don't have kids, so I'm sure they all think we're "the creepy neighbors." Their parents avoid us at all costs, aside from the occasional wave as we drive by.