aluminum free/natural deodorant users

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there was a thread here not too long ago about deodorant and several of our members use aluminum free or all natural products. I'm wondering if any of you can tell me if they also work as an antiperspirant? I've switched back to my secret clinical strength because the weather here this week has me sweating profusely! I was using Old Spice sport which is great... I don't stink but I still sweat and that makes me feel as gross as smelling bad does. I'd really like to find something aluminum free that works to stop the sweating as well as making me smell nice. Any suggestions? How does what you use work against sweat?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried any Tom's of Maine products??
Its only deodrant as far as I know.
www.tomsofmaine.com for info
Otherwise Secret platinum is what I use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna look for Toms of Maine next time I go shopping. I think I saw it somewhere around here. I also found a place on-line that has what they claim is an all natural anti-perspirant that I might try. It's UK based though so I'm not sure what it would end up costing me.
ETA: They only ship to UK and Ireland.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Secret and I tell you with the heat that we've been having here, nothing will stop you from perspiring. As uncomfortable as it is, perspiration is the body's way of cooling itself down, and there comes a point where you just can't stop that process.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I use Secret and I tell you with the heat that we've been having here, nothing will stop you from perspiring. As uncomfortable as it is, perspiration is the body's way of cooling itself down, and there comes a point where you just can't stop that process.
Actually, the Secret Clinical Strength does stop ALL perspiring! I haven't used it since June 23rd. Yesterday when the forecast was a high of 95 with humidity at 75% I decided to go back to my SCS and sure, I got sweaty... but not under my arms! I don't want to stop it completely but some minimizing of under arm sweat would be fantastic. I sweat so easily that just getting ready for work in the mornings has me damp.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use addidis absorbant -deo... it is ALUMINUM free but not propelyne gycol free ... I have used Natures gate it just doesnt go with my chemistry ... jasons it worked but not like I wanted...

Now I am trying a Natural ALUMINUM containing formula called Body satin... IT WORKS>..www.melaluca.com
the aluminum comes from sea salt

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a money saving tip for all of you who use Secret Clinical Strength. Mitchum and Lady Mitchum both contain exactly the same effective ingredient as Secret Clinical Strength for less than half the price! Check the labels.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny, I've tried Lady Mitchum and I don't remember it working as well as the secret. Either way I'd like to get away from the aluminum because of the poetential health risks.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh... but Degree's not aluminum free. I've used that before too and it does work but I want all natural or at least aluminum free.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you dont mind propelene gycol ... Toms of Maine or Jasons are good

Natures Gate is great if you find the right scent

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

If you dont mind propelene gycol ... Toms of Maine or Jasons are good

Natures Gate is great if you find the right scent
I'm not against the gycol... of course, I'm haven't read anything bad about it either so that may change. However that's another vote for Toms of Maine so I think that'll be the next brand I try.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Have you tried Crystal Deoderant? It works very well to keep the odor away, but doesn't do anything to prevent the wetness. About the only thing effective against the wetness would be something containing Aluminum.
most have alum which is a aluminum salt... I dont have issues with the salts and that is why my current is a Propelene gycol free formula ...

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts96.html

read that ... it also has been linked to cancer in animals ( want more info... www.neways.com

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

most have alum which is a aluminum salt... I dont have issues with the salts and that is why my current is a Propelene gycol free formula ...

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts96.html

read that ... it also has been linked to cancer in animals ( want more info... www.neways.com
OMG! Ok, I don't think I want to be putting gycol under my arms anymore either. Anti-Freeze! That's crazy! Reminds me of aspartame...

Maybe I'll go for the rock and just keep using my aluminum antiperspirants one super hot days.