***Private feminine question of the ladies only please****

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so embarrasing

Anyhow I have my period and wear a pad at night for added protection.
With this warm weather it has caused heat rash/irratation???

So I wonder if anyone has had this happen and what they apply "there"
to ease discomfort. I used vaseline (messy) and a medicated powder but perhaps a better idea.
If you don't want to post
please pm me

Thanks

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A rash, really? I've used pads my who life and never had a rash. Now, granted, I only use one style of one brand. I find other brands (Always being the worst) give me a rash. Perhaps it's not that you're wearing a pad but the brand that you are wearing? I only use Stayfree Prima ultra thin with the cottony dry finish.

I'm switching over to the DivaCup, personally.
http://www.divacup.com/

As for what to put on it, I never used anything (I get bladder and yeast infections at the drop of a hat, so I don't put anything 'down there' that I don't have to!) Just bathed every night and tried to let it 'air out' as much as possible.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say that I LOVE the DivaCup. Once you get the hang of "installing" it properly you don't need any back-up like panty liners. As for the rash, have you tried anything like gold-bond? Or Vagesile? I find the best thing for that is actually fresh air and room to breathe but if you still menstrating that's a little difficult. My other concern is that I personally have very sensative skin and am prone to BV so I'm super cautious about what I use "down there". I use "free" laundry detergent on my delicates and I never use dryer sheets and only hypo-alergenic soap. All because if I'm not VERY careful the bacterial balance gets upset and I get an infection.

Hope it clears up soon... that has to be uncomfortable in this heat.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had a rash from a pad, but I would use something like a baby diaper rash ointment. It is gentle enough for them, so should be ok for you as well

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had this before when I am really heavy, or in hot weather .. it's almost like a nappy rash.
I'm an English girl in America so don't know your "baby rash" creams here, but in England there is one called Sudo cream. It sooths it well.
Also is the brand you wear at night, different from your day, as I have been allergic to certain brands before .. more so the ones with that stuff in them that turns to gel to soak up the flow...

ps: by nappy I mean Diaper! lol .. English V American words

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always is the brand-eek!!!
If you use the diva cups let me know!!

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

This is so embarrasing

Anyhow I have my period and wear a pad at night for added protection.
With this warm weather it has caused heat rash/irratation???

So I wonder if anyone has had this happen and what they apply "there"
to ease discomfort. I used vaseline (messy) and a medicated powder but perhaps a better idea.
If you don't want to post
please pm me

Thanks
I PMed you GailC
Linda

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the diaper rash-like instances before when my period use to be really heavy.

If I couldn't change frequently (every hour or two) then I would just get the biggest absorbing pad possible. If I developed the rash I would use something like (clear) calomine lotion or something that dried the area up.

I'll have to check out that Diva Cup. I don't get anymore, but that's good to know.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Always is the brand-eek!!!
If you use the diva cups let me know!!
Is there something in particular you want to know about the Diva Cup? I've been using it for the past 4+ years.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oo oo, i want to know more about the diva cup from actual users here!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

oo oo, i want to know more about the diva cup from actual users here!
I bought one, and aside from the first few times I tried to wear it...It sits in a drawer. I got a nasty bladder/urinary tract infection from it. It took a while to get rid of that infection. I just can't risk that again. It was so painful.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Is there something in particular you want to know about the Diva Cup? I've been using it for the past 4+ years.
i want to know is it worth it? i get grossed out easily, is it gross? i use nuvaring - will i feel comfortable using it. I get worried easily, and don't want to obsess about leaks while wearing it.....does it feel really weird?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I'm curious!! I've seen it before but it looks kinda weird... Is it "comfortable"? Can you wear it while swimming? Do you really only need to empty it morning and night? Is it gross to empty??????

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i want to know is it worth it? i get grossed out easily, is it gross? i use nuvaring - will i feel comfortable using it. I get worried easily, and don't want to obsess about leaks while wearing it.....does it feel really weird?
I couldn't get mine to be comfortable, but I know lots of people like the Diva Cup. I think I'm just not shaped right.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when I have a period which is rare...like one every 3 years or so I use the Instead soft cups those things are awesome, theyre so comfortable! http://www.softcup.com/ and as for the rash I would recommend either butt paste or A&D ointment it should ease it up and get rid of it but if not I would see a DR

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I totally think it's worth it. Like I said, I've had mine over 4 years and aside from some discoloration it's still good as new. If you use the nuva ring you shouldn't have any trouble w/ the cup. I did use panty liners the first few times until I was comfortable enough to trust that it wouldn't leak... and it doesn't! The only time it feels weird is if it's not in right.

Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm curious!! I've seen it before but it looks kinda weird... Is it "comfortable"? Can you wear it while swimming? Do you really only need to empty it morning and night? Is it gross to empty??????
The ONLY thing you can't do while using the cup is intercourse. I find it VERY comfortable (I usually can't even tell it's in) and since I'm on the pill and my flow is minimal all the time I only need to empty it in the mornings. But YES, emptying it can be kind of gross. You can usually manages it (with some practice) so that you hands stay relatively clean but then you really should wash the cup w/ anti=bacterial soap before you re-insert it. I usually do it when I shower in the mornings but I'm ok with menstruation so it doesn't bother me. I know some women are really grossed out by bleeding ans what not and the cup isn't for those kind of women.
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I couldn't get mine to be comfortable, but I know lots of people like the Diva Cup. I think I'm just not shaped right.
They aren't made for everyone. I had to cut of MOST of the tip to make mine comfortable. Have you tried trimming the little nub on the end? My cervix is tipped to the tip kept poking me until I had trimmed it short enough and even with almost NO nub I still don't have any trouble getting it out.

**sorry for the hijack**

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember that feeling.

I don't wear pads often any more (pill has made the period pretty short/light) but the only kind I remember giving me this trouble was Always (or generic with a plastic cover like always). They just don't let your skin breathe.

Gyn told me to try and alternate using pads, with tampons or instead cups so that the skin gets time to breathe...if you really need to keep using pads all the time, I would change to something a little less high tech (like a more bulky type with a paper cover close to your skin).

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use shower to shwer body powder. Sometimes in this hot weather I need to reapply. I've also heard that using a little deoderant down there helps.