WEIRD question.....

jennywren93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At what age can a MALE start reproducing? The reason I ask is because our Female (2.5- 3 yrs we found out) had a litter about 14 wks ago, and I don't know if it is because she is eating more food because she likes it better, or if it is because she has gotten out 3 times in the last mo....but she looked REALLY fat to us last night. Well, we have one of her male kittens here too, and dh wondered if HE could have gotten her prego? I said I didn't think at this early stage, but that I would ask all of you wonderful experts!

Now, I will say the food we got them first took almost a MONTH for them to get through the small bag (the two of them), and about a week and a half ago I bought this new brand because it is in a plastic container (easier for me for where I am keeping their stuff) and it is almost GONE! AND she is pushing him away from the bowl, so we had to put out a second bowl of food just so he could eat! She didn't do that with the other food! So, is she turning into a piglet, or could she be prego again. The three times she has been out: 1. she went straight across the street to her old owners door step and I went and got her and brought her back and the last 2 times she stayed in our back yard for about 30 min, I kept an eye out for her, and there were never any other cats in our yard!

ETA: And she is acting REALLY weird too! We were gone most of the day yesterday (first time since we got them, really) due to flat tires, errands, etc, and last night it was like she was slinking around, really mouthy, rubbing herself all over the floor at the foot of our bed, really luvvie (and usually she isn't) and still this am she is like that! I don't know if it is because we were gone and she realized how much she missed us, or what! AND BOY she got LOUD last night, when she was ready to go to bed, she let dh know, and he HAD to pick her UP to bring her back to our room! rofl! He said she told him it was time for bed! LOL But that was the first time she got mouthy and LOUD about bedtime too!

So confused and not happy!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Male kittens can and will breed at 4 months old. I know a siamese breeder who's little 5 month old male was a daddy at 7 months old! He bred a female in heat at 5 months old.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jennywren93

slinking around, really mouthy, rubbing herself all over the floor at the foot of our bed, really luvvie (and usually she isn't) and still this am she is like that!
Sounds like she's in heat, and the round belly could be from worms.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
any time an animal gets out they are exposed to all sorts of diseases and viruses...you should really get her fixed! If she isnt vaccinated and up to date on all of her shots she needs to be just to help prevent her from catching anything when she gets out

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she goes outside and hasn't been flea treated with Frontline or something similar she could have very easily picked up fleas.
If she has fleas it's a pretty safe bet that she has a tapeworm.
Like the other poster said the big belly could be from that and I also agree that the way she said she was acting sounds very much like she's in heat.