Help, found robin fledgling

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a robin fledgling on my front porch but it seems like it's having trouble flying. I can't see momma around but the baby is calling to her. What should I do.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he does'nt appear to be injured, the best thing to do is just leave him there. His parents will come and feed him and get him to where he needs to be. If you are worried about predators gettting him, place him in a nearby tree or something- just make sure its shady.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw mom in a nearby tree but the little guy keeps trying to fly while under my patio chair. I can hear the poor thing bonking into it. Maybe I should move the chairs?

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
go ahead and move them- just make sure he does'nt sit in the sun. Any trees around? That way he'll have a head start flying
just don't place him too high in case he falls. Maybe you could give him a worm
? that way he'll have extra energy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

go ahead and move them- just make sure he does'nt sit in the sun. Any trees around? That way he'll have a head start flying
just don't place him too high in case he falls. Maybe you could give him a worm
? that way he'll have extra energy.
When I went to move the chairs he hopped behind the bushes in front of my house. I saw mom go in there as well. I think baby will be OK

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to move him back to the nest if possible. This will not deter the parents from accepting him back, but if they have already left, try find a wildlife rehabilitator in your area.