Are your cats spoiled?

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just was curious what other people do for their cats...

For instance, our house is full of cat activities. Our cats have their own room that has a 3 story mansion that took years to build. They have mazes upon mazes of boxes. Our ceilings are covered with cat highways. Their highways go into secret hideways like cabinets. We have this glass cabinet that is suppose to be used for decorations but now its for our cats to nap in. We fenced in our backyard just for them so they could go outside but we can still know where they are. We have much more in the works too!

We just figured we have things to entertain us, cats need entertainment too!

Most people who come over think all of our cat stuff is hideous like how could we do that to our house. All of that makes our cats happy and that is all that matters!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Mine is also so spoiled!
But I wouldn't have it any other way

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have cat and dog toys, beds all over, lots of treats and of course my lap is the personal prewarmed bed. my neighbour says when she dies, she wants to come back as my pet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

my neighbour says when she dies, she wants to come back as my pet
That was so cute how your neighbour would want to come back as your pet...thats just great! Lots of happy animals in your house!

Best Wishes for you & your pets!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Our ceilings are covered with cat highways. Their highways go into secret hideways like cabinets. We have this glass cabinet that is suppose to be used for decorations but now its for our cats to nap in. We fenced in our backyard just for them so they could go outside but we can still know where they are. We have much more in the works too!
That sounds so cool!!! Do you have pics? I would LOVE to see that!

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

we have cat and dog toys, beds all over, lots of treats and of course my lap is the personal prewarmed bed. my neighbour says when she dies, she wants to come back as my pet
That is exactly what my boyfriend says. "When I die, I want to come back as one of your cats." hahahahahhahaha

You can't help but spoil them. If I had enough room in my house for them to have their own bedroom, I'm sure they'd have one.
Don't tell my boyfriend though. tee hee.

They have lots of toys and constantly get new ones so they don't get too bored. Oh and just bought two new replacements for Da Bird...their favorite!

They have a window napper in the bedroom, a 4-story tree and a 2-story condo. Little beds and blankets all around. A drinkwell platinum fountain. They are brushed every day just cuz they love it! And yummy treats include chicken breast jerky, freeze-dried salmon and little pieces of the organic, plain turkey breast the humans eat.

Spoiled rotten!

My grandmother calls my two cats the cats who won the lotto without even buying a ticket.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by merlynn's mom

My grandmother calls my two cats the cats who won the lotto without even buying a ticket.
That is so cute what your grandmother said
That is what we would like to think of our cats! We can't decide who is luckier, for us to have them, or them to have us...must be both! Thanks for sharing!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SPOILED >>>NEVER>..

I have a sign .////

My dog is not spoiled I am well trained/// same goes for my cat .... Now the fish they are spoiled

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow Katz4Life I wanna come back as one of your cats

my boy Macho is really spoiled! even my vet told me that earlier today
he just said "he looks like a really spoiled little cat
"
our house is in a mess cuz of him
, a lot of toys and treats
and the food oh god! when he was a little younger i used to feed him with a spoon so he turned into this picky eater that won't eat his wet food unless he had a spoon in his plate!(a plate that humans use
)
now he stopped eating wet food, he just doesn't like any kind of wet food,, SO i tried everything from tuna to chicken until he fell in love with turky breast but only the organic and the expensive one ( i tried different qualities and brands
)

misscharlotte

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! My cats are spoiled my some people's standards. I guess one could consider them spoiled since they have a cat tree, 2 scratching posts, 2 beds, a windowsill seat, lots of toys, and I play with them (i.e., Charlotte loves to play hide and seek). Oh and I suppose they ARE SPOILED since the main reason I finally got air conditioning this summer was for my cats and not me! LOL

erinca7821

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my boy was sick a few weeks ago my schedule revolved around him... he was being finicky with the meds so I was hand feeding him the meds in food 6 times a day. I didn't realize how much I spoil him until that moment. I've learned that this is his house, I just pay the bills

For Christmas, my friends and family made sure he got a gift too, same on my birthday. He has a big box of toys in the living room, and he goes in and takes out what he wants to play with at his leisure.

Most times I go to buy his food and walk out with a toy or treats for him.

So would I say he's spoiled, just a little

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure my cats don't consider themselves as "spoiled"; they should be pampered! When money's tight in my house, the cats eat first, and if there's any cash left, I eat.

kicken74

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats have always had the run of the house. I had a cat that would sleep right next to me under the covers, head on my pillow. He needed to touch me constantly, when I would move he would move next to me. Well, come morning, my husband had 1/4 of the bed, I would have a 1/4 of the bed and Duff would have 1/2 the bed.
They have a ton of toys, a ton of cat beds, a ton of play towers...
I always joke with my husband that it's not our house, it's the cat's house and we just live with them!!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They aren't as spoiled as they could be if I made more money! LOL They have tons of toys and yes, I am the one well trained. I'd love to get them some cool condos/trees but we don't have the $ or space for them. I also think it's be super cool to have the ceiling highways but again, we rent and can't put holes in the walls. Perhaps when we buy we can do something like that.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

I'm sure my cats don't consider themselves as "spoiled"; they should be pampered! When money's tight in my house, the cats eat first, and if there's any cash left, I eat.
Whether they are spoiled or pampered, they are both good
We make sure our cats always have food no matter what...we like to stock up on their food so we don't have to worry about it

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I spoil my cats. They enjoy their food and the outside enclosure the most. Then probably me and their toys. They have free run of the entire house with lots of places up high for them to sleep and lots of places for them to scratch. They also have clean litter boxes to potty in.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got Mosi I used to lift him up every morning so that he could have a play with the light cord in the bathroom. The habit has stuck and I still lift him up for a play most days. He expects nothing less. My flat looks like a pet store with all the toys around. When people visit I try to tidy up and put things away in corners etc so that there's room for visitors to actually sit down, but they still look amused and comment "they've got lots of toys haven't they?" I guess the ceiling high cat tree, which is the first thing most people see when they walk into my living room, sort of sets the tone. That is assuming they manage to negotiate the cardboard boxes in the hallway.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol my cat likes to snuggle up to me in bed aswell, everytime i get ready for bed my cat is always the first to be there miaowing and getting snuggled up and she starts to purr, she has a big plaything with scratching posts and a bed part at the bottom, she hardly uses it because she likes my bed instead lol

shes lazy too, sometimes when i call her she maiows and just sits there, i signal here to come but she just sits there until i pick her up and then she starts to purr.

her favorite food is piece of freshly cooked lamb, pork mince and cooked chicken, she liked them warm, she won't eat them cold.

and i think she also notices when i give her tap water, i like to give her bottled water instead and she seems to prefer that.

most of the time i call her a big baby lol.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's more "cat" furniture in my house than people furniture...not that they know the difference. People who come over think I'm nuts..and they would be correct! But there's no other way to live as far as I'm concerned.