Low cost spay/nueter- good or bad for me?

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm helping out a friend who has a beagle mix rescue in heat (long story she was rescued by a STUPID rescue group who didnt spay her before adopting her out
the man in my pca, has litle money to do it and sense I'm Autistic and on government assistance I have agreed to get the card for the low cost program, claim its my dog and then he only has to pay $20 rather then $300+ for a spay. He'd give me the money before hand ) I personally see nothing wrong with it, If the client WANTS to and the real owner is paying, its for a good cause.

While I am there should I apply for Leopalorn too? I would do it in a heartbeat if he wasn't a purebred (Somali) with speical gas needs. He could die from the gas used to put him under.

Because of this kittens speical issues should I pay the reuglar cost and be safe?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have you apply... is there some reason the gentleman with the beagal is not able to get some assistance or call around???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We've called around and It's too much for him , I'm REALY annoyed at the group that gave him the dog in the first place,
ALL rescue groups NEED to spay/nueter their animals before letting them go IMHO

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you'd like I will find out the rescue and post it here for others to see and learn about, I dont know if it would be breakng any forum rules however.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

If you'd like I will find out the rescue and post it here for others to see and learn about, I dont know if it would be breakng any forum rules however.
NO please DONT do that ... I know your intentions are good but that is not the proper way...

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
( update on the dog,WARNING it is sad)

Well after talking to the lady on the phone about a low cost spay for Edda, she told me that I need to have vacines proof, as she says these my emotions get bad inside I feel guilt and regret. I amit I lied to her about ownership of the dog and she then said, "Oh even though you are trying to beat the system I like that your trying to get the dog spayed and thats what we want" I then hear from her that you DO NOT have to be on any kind of asistance that my pca can do it free of charge if we get a yellow card at Como Animal control and use it within 30 days

I then go to my pca and ask hm for vac's papers. Imange my shock when I find the dog has not been to a vet sense she was placed in his care and he has no idea of the rescues vac's,
I tell her this and she says there will be a fee for Vac's, I also stated to him, that he should check with his girlfrend they are geting engaged soon, about the vac's.

I then go outside to check on the dog, shes tied up in the front yard under our ironwod tree theres shade and water but she's lonely and wants to play, my pca has expressed concern for leaving her out, in heat or going out of heat, I tell him that she will be fine, our neighbohood is very tame and that there are NO loose dogs roaming about. Besides I don't want her inside for fear the cats will be fearful, a new kitten esspeicaly so. I play wth her and figurng its hot out sneak her a frozen raw madalionfrom the freezer, ( its made for dogs and cats) she eats it like a popscule and the look she gives me, Its like a homeless woman getting food for her family, is very grateful her tail wags as she eats and I play with her, she then gets a spray by the hose in our backyard, (I bring it into the front and after watering some black eyed susans) from me to keep her cool. She likes it and doesnt. Igo back in adpy wth my ats, keeing an eye on her then given Leopalorn some raw nd Edda the leftovers. Afterwards my pca says we need to go out, he said he'd take me to the river, we load her in his jeap and drive around running arrends before he takes her for a walk at the park I'm busy restoring some natves I planted along a riverbank.,watering um in the hot sun. I get home and we tie her up outside again and I go back to posting on here about cats, and singing songs with my pca. Later on my dad comes in sayng to my pca thats is cruel to leave a dog out in the heat, I told him I know and have given a hoose bath to her and made sure she had water. My pca after my dads talk gets guilty and we go out to have a look at her. He shows me the signs of a dog in heat,(learn something new everyday
) I see the swollen virginia and it looks sort of like an orange cut in half, no gory colors, just in size and shape. I tell him that he needs to have it done soon, he tells me yeah and that he is grateful for my help. Later on my dad says I could loan him money when I get paid to help get his dog to a vet ASSP!, I said I'd think about it. I have little money in my account right now and have a Kitten needing shots and an older cat needing tooth cleaning, among other things. I worry that the pca company will tell him no with my loaning my money or he himself will decline the offer to help. I agree with my dad that if you have a pet, any pet YOU GIVE IT CARE!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

my pca has expressed concern for leaving her out, in heat or going out of heat, I tell him that she will be fine, our neighbohood is very tame and that there are NO loose dogs roaming about. Besides I don't want her inside for fear the cats will be fearful, a new kitten esspeicaly so.
I am having a hard time following what you are saying but this statement above is a BIG mistake. The SPCA is exactly right to express concern for leaving a dog in heat or just out of heat and tied outside. Never ever do that. Males dogs can smell her from a mile away. There may not be a loose dog out now, but if there are any intact males around that sense her in heat, they could very well get to her if they want to. They may become aggressive in the house to try to get out. I have heard of dogs breaking through walls to get to females in heat. Keep that dog STRICTLY inside until she gets spayed, never let her off leash or out of your site when she is out there.

good luck getting her spayed, hope it all works out to get it done cheaply. Try looking for a low cost clinic for vaccines.