oscar the cat brought me here..

tez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my name is Tez. i have always been a cat person. and an animal lover.. animals bring me the most joy in life...
I have always had cats, however, for some reason. i have adopted other animals,,, i have a white angora houserabbit named miss bazy.. who, as we speak is in air conditioned comfort. I have a 14 yr. old chinchilla named murphy and two parakeets.

I found this site because i work at the nursing home where the famous oscar lives. i had seen alot of comments on some of the boards and not all were nice, so i just wanted to say something nice about oscar.. Well. let me tell. you.. one site in particular just said the nastiest things to me.. i got out of there fast... I feel bad for those people who cant keep their minds open to the fact that animals are even smarter than people.. but sometimes when i say that.. i get people calling me names.. its ok though.. i have a tough skin. The other reason i was interested in this site was because my sister found a teeny kitten awhile ago.. it was only about 4 wks old the vet said and weighted 14 ounces.. we botle fed him, and nursed him back to health and now he is happy and healthy, but now.. he does something that drives my sister crazy.. when he gets tired, he sucks on her skin.. any skin she can think of. Now, i know its cuz he was taken away from him momma too soon. we tried to give him a blanket to suck on. and tried to divert his attention away from the skin. but to no avail.. LOL... poor little baby.. Haa..
well, i told my sister to join this wonderful board.. and thank you for letting me tell my story. even though i dont have any cats at the moment.. i will again.

tez

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome..I thought the story about Oscar is a great insight as to the internal intellegence of our animals.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Hello and Welcome Neighbor some people can be so mean they are unhappy types and don't want anyone else to be happy . Good for you best to shut the door on negative people.

Oscar is not only beautiful
but gifted you will like it here everyone is great and helpful there is a lot to learn and great ideas at TCS.

Enjoy

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome Tez! We all heard about Oscar and I think that is absolutely awesome!

You got flamed at other sites about him? I absolutely don't get it!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Welcome Tez! We all heard about Oscar and I think that is absolutely awesome!

You got flamed at other sites about him? I absolutely don't get it!
I don't get it either -- he's amazing. Welcome to TCS, Tez. Hope you enjoy your time here.

mrs pms

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Orleans (just East of Ottawa), Ontario, Canada
Welcome Tez

I am a newbie here too

I read the story about Oscar and thought it was absolutely wonderful ... he seems to be a wonderful kitty that brings pleasure and company to those who need it most

to all those that have been nasty to you!!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Tez
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you !

You're going to love it around here, theres always lots to do and see
and theres always someone on hand for those kitty type questions !

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
It's great that you've joined us!

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.

Neither you nor Oscar will get flamed here.

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just heard about Oscar yesterday and was so amazed! Boo on the people that said nasty things. Welcome to the site!