Do any of your cats play fetch??

babytigergrr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our big Bombay boy Pixel plays fetch... it's hilarious!! He'll bring a toy (or sometimes a stringy item of clothing) to me or his daddy and drop it right in front of us. We can always tell when he wants to play because he's meowing the WHOLE way to us with the item in his mouth lol. The meow sometimes sounds like a goose honk
especially when he's going up or down stairs LOL.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was younger and all of us kids lived at home with my parents, my brother's cat would play fetch. Sabre is a big, fat, mean (to non-family) tabby. My dad had cancer and was bedridden, and he used to play fetch with Sabre to keep himself amused. It was really funny. That was ten years ago now.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a orange and white cat, he loved to paly fetch with a tennis ball, he also loved to swim in the bathtub,
he was a lot of fun

mad_on_codo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat codo plays fetch to he'll only play it wit 1 toy tho his black and white cat it's a soft toy i won from a teddy machine and he loves it he'll hide it till he wants to play. but the funniest thing he's ever brought me was a toilet roll he was only 8 weeks at the time and he came bouncing down the stairs with this toilet roll in his mouth it looked so funny because it was nearly the same size as him

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geronimo just LOVES to play fetch - it's actually become part of our morning routine after breakfast! He won't leave me alone till I play fetch w/ him at least once a day! But it has to be w/ a specific ball that he likes: no other balls will do. When he lost the first ball, I tried throwing other ones for him to fetch, but he would have no part of it: he looked at me as if to say, "What the heck is THIS? I want my REAL ball!" I had to buy him some more of the same kind, and keep a spare on hand in case he loses one and I can't find it..
:

I've never heard of a cat besides him play fetch (till now, that is!). I think it's hilarious, especially when he jumps into the air to catch it! I've never seen a cat jump so high!

~KK~

dizzydesi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Three of my five will play fetch, the other two come along just because something is happening and they don't want to miss it. The funny thing is the smallest of all five apparently got tired of everyone beating him to the object thrown. He learned to jump on his hind legs and catch it in the air [soft things, not a ball or anything]. I fell over the first time I saw that.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, my cat Spotty taught herself how to play. She brought me a toy one day, I threw it, and the rest is history. She'll play until she wears me out.

She will actually bring my husband and I her preferred fetch toys in the middle of the night. Obviously we don't know about it though until we wake up with cat toys in the bed.

After I caught her growling at the mailman one day...I decided she's probably part dog

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Isn't it soooo cute?! Both of my cats play fetch. When Amadeus was a kitten and I lived in a 2 story house, he used to chase this little ball down the stairs, bring it back up, and I'd sit at the top of the stairs and throw it down again. I would also sit at the end of the hall and he'd fetch paper balls.

Now sometimes I'll wake up and the other cat, Sebastian, has brought his "nippy mouse" on the bed, so I'll throw it down the hall, and he'll toss it around then bring it back.

Once I was at the computer trying to get some stuff done, and Amadeus had his fishing toy (long stick with the string and some attachment on the end) at my feet ready to play, meowing and meowing, but I wasn't ready to play yet. Out of annoyance I threw the toy across the room, and he went and got it and brought it back! Obviously he didn't care how I played, he just wanted to!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daphne taught me to play. She only likes wadded up paper balls though. No fancy REAL balls, must be notebook or printer paper. I toss anything else and she looks at me like I'm a not-so-smart person
I really enjoy it. Would love to have a large space to toss balls for her. I had never seen a fetching kitty until her nor heard of any until joining TCS.

skoshkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sophie LOVES playing fetch, but only on her terms. Her preferred toys are plastic straws that she steals out of our cups at night. It's so cute when she brings me the straw and just looks at me with those big eyes as if to say, "Come on, play with me!!!"

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of our 3 cats, only Toby fetches.....but he does`nt bring the ball back to our hands...he just drps them at our feet or a few feet away from us, as if to say "well ya lazy thing...I brought it to you...the least you can do is bend over and pick it up!"
Linda

altrego

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mother's cat actually plays by himself. He has one of those squish balls that he'll dig his nails in and fling in the air and he goes chasing after it. I've seen him do this quite a few times.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babytigergrr

Our big Bombay boy Pixel plays fetch... it's hilarious!! He'll bring a toy (or sometimes a stringy item of clothing) to me or his daddy and drop it right in front of us.
my Pixel also fetches, cat-style. she won't bring the item all the way back to you... she drops it a few feet away & meows plaintively at you

nellie2s

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Tigger LOVES to play fetch! When she first started, she would only play with these little golf ball sized foam balls, and only if I was sitting on the love seat in my living room. After we moved, she stopped for a while because her favorite balls got lost

A couple of months later I found these foam balls at Petco and got them for her... sure enough she started to play again! Now she will play fetch with almost any toy, and it doesn't matter where I am sitting... but she will only go get it once or twice unless it's one of the foam balls..... There must be about 20 of these things around my house in various places. Sometimes she even catches the balls in her paws or dribbles them like a basketball!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nellie2s

Now she will play fetch with almost any toy, and it doesn't matter where I am sitting... but she will only go get it once or twice unless it's one of the foam balls.....
Pixel likes those... but she also likes the little 'balls' i make for her out of facial tissue. much cheaper!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be one of the lucky ones, b/c Geronimo will almost always bring it back to me and drop the ball at my feet or in my hand (about 90% of the time, anyways!). I can always tell when he's had enough, b/c he won't bring it back at all!

~KK~

curlyq629

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lilly is my "fetcher." She only plays the game with balls of tin foil.

Originally Posted by dizzydesi

Three of my five will play fetch, the other two come along just because something is happening and they don't want to miss it. The funny thing is the smallest of all five apparently got tired of everyone beating him to the object thrown. He learned to jump on his hind legs and catch it in the air [soft things, not a ball or anything]. I fell over the first time I saw that.
This describes the scene at my house perfectly! Lilly plays fetch, and Leo tags along to see what's going on (much to Lilly's frustration sometimes!).

Originally Posted by stampit3d

Of our 3 cats, only Toby fetches.....but he does`nt bring the ball back to our hands...he just drps them at our feet or a few feet away from us, as if to say "well ya lazy thing...I brought it to you...the least you can do is bend over and pick it up!" Linda
Definitely Lilly's attitude as well! I'm not sure if I have her playing fetch, or if she has me playing toy pick-up!