Eww! YUK! Someone is chewing beside me!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok this is something I hate hate hate. I dont care if people eat around me if Im eating but when someone eats when Im not eating and I hear them chewing it makes me want to pull my hair out or scream or maybe rip the food out of his hands.

Im sitting here pretending to work,
and one of my co workers decided to eat his breakfast right beside me while he plays with my newest foster kittens. Im gonna have to scream at him if he doesnt stop eating! Its like nails on a chalk board for me.

ashlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im with you on that. I hate hearing people chew even if I am eating with them. It grosses me out to hear people chomping away like a cow chewing cud.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashlie

Im with you on that. I hate hearing people chew even if I am eating with them. It grosses me out to hear people chomping away like a cow chewing cud.
I have to leave the room if my boyfriend starts eating potato chips or something, lol.

I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard, than listen to someone eating!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I ended up asking him to leave. I said I had to express some milk. LOL Pumping milk comes in handy soemtimes. LOL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I ended up asking him to leave. I said I had to express some milk. LOL Pumping milk comes in handy soemtimes. LOL
that is the best excuse i've ever heard
i'll have to remember that one when i have kiddos

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of this!
Guess I never really thought about it. Growing up, there was the six of us in very close quarters and all happy to have food. If we didn't like people chewing, we woulda gone hungry

I wonder if my chewing bothers people? Will have to test that.

Now, if I am in a restaurant and someone is chewing with their mouth wide open, I may stare at them until they get the hint. Or with a niece or nephew I may suggest they close their mouth before a fly pops in.

Probably wouldn't marry a guy who wears his food on his sleeve, or chest, or ..... all the time

This is amazing

Edit: what about noisy foods? Like crunchy veggies? How does one chew those silently?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashlie

lol that is me also, i cant even stand to hear people eating on TV or movies.
on of the reason i hate going out to movies, is hearing people eat popcorn!!! gee lets give loud food to people in a movie to munch on.

Originally Posted by Fostermomm

some how i dont think i can use that excuse.

Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Edit: what about noisy foods? Like crunchy veggies? How does one chew those silently?
easy in a different room then the one i am in.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That annoys me too...not only the chewing part but especially if the person also breathes heavy while eating!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work opposite someone (desks facing each other only computer screen between us) he chews with his mouth open and slurps whaterver he drinks
. Thank goodness we no longer sit together!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jamasmom

I used to work opposite someone (desks facing each other only computer screen between us) he chews with his mouth open and slurps whaterver he drinks
. Thank goodness we no longer sit together!!
This could be irritiating!

Think I came across wrong in my last post. Didn't mean to sound like I was poking fun at anyone. I have little weird phobia things, too!