Question of the Day - July 31st

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When you have to have an ID photo taken (driver's license, passport, school ID, etc.) do you dress a little better and spend extra time getting ready or do you just go "as is" ?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As is. I have never dressed up or did anything special for that picture.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I don't worry so much about the clothes, because you can't really see them but the HAIR...it must be a good hair day
I was having a GREAT hair day a few weeks ago when I got my new license (post-marriage) and I'm so bummed cuz the pic is a little blury and you can hardly see how nice my hair looks!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! I went all out last time and my pic looked horrible
I wound up looking old and trashy.

So next time I'm going back with minimal makeup on since my last photo like that was a lot better!

altrego

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I make sure my hair looks good and that my makeup isn't smudged
. I put lipstick or lipgloss on also.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't make myself look any different because thats when I get questioned about my id. Even now I still get questions asked when I show my drivers licence because the picture was taken when I was 16 (I failed the written test twice and when I finally passed it when I was almost 18, they didn't take a new picture). I am now almost 21 and I have close to 2 more years before I can get a new picture.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I make sure the hair is combed and I smile. I also wear a turqoise blue top. Every license pic I've worn the same color top (not the same top! ).

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes I always have and when I was much younger, I have even gone back to have a pic retaken because I didnt like it
but as I have 'matured' I just accept a bad pic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I don't worry so much about the clothes, because you can't really see them but the HAIR...it must be a good hair day
Originally Posted by gemlady

I make sure the hair is combed and I smile. I also wear a turqoise blue top. Every license pic I've worn the same color top (not the same top! ).
I went to have my license renewed yesterday. I did put a little extra effort into my appearance, but it was so humid that my hair was frizzy... and I had on a turquoise blue top.

my cat mellow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am from England but currently live in Yorktown V
I looked nice for my new passport pic, but as evey time I have flown since having it taken I have been on transatlantic flights for over 8 hours at a time, by the time it comes to show my passport I am sure I look completely dishevelled! and probably look a bit dodgy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Yes I always have and when I was much younger, I have even gone back to have a pic retaken because I didnt like it
but as I have 'matured' I just accept a bad pic.
The woman that took care of me yesterday was willing to keep taking pictures of me all day until I was happy with one!
I was OK after the first one, but she wanted to take another so I had two to compare.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More/less "as is" - I don't dress up a lot - only for special occasions - driver's license is NOT considered a special occasion

But I do try to put on a nice looking top - not a t-shirt or something

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

The woman that took care of me yesterday was willing to keep taking pictures of me all day until I was happy with one!
I was OK after the first one, but she wanted to take another so I had two to compare.
That was really nice!!! Here that would have been an extremely rare occurrence
They will show you the pic, but then tell you have to live with it

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do anything different than I would when I go out into public. I always put on make-up even for the grocery store.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I don't make myself look any different because thats when I get questioned about my id. Even now I still get questions asked when I show my drivers licence because the picture was taken when I was 16 (I failed the written test twice and when I finally passed it when I was almost 18, they didn't take a new picture). I am now almost 21 and I have close to 2 more years before I can get a new picture.
You could always "lose" your license so you can get a new pic! LOL

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Last time I went they did this for me and it got annoying honestly. After something like 5 pictures I said I don't care what it looks like I just want to leave!