I'm so angry right now!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just looking on Craigslist and found one of the kittens that I found a home for
. Cleopatra's new owners are getting rid of her and they never bothered to contact me like they were supposed to do if they ever needed to re-home her. I'm trying to contact them, hopefully I'll be able to get her back before she ends up somewhere not so great.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's not the first time I've heard of someone adopting from craigslist and then reposting it a month later!

That really sucks. You do your best to find the right home and then you have someone do this. Hope you can get her back.

BTW can you link the ad - just wondering what their excuse is!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just awful...They should at least have informed you so you could take the cat back..I hate reading the Craigslist pet section..the reasons that people give are just astounding to say the least..good luck on your "re-adoption" this kitty..

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's terrible!!! I think I'd be upset too!

I"ll bet they suddenly find it inconvenient to have to make provisions for a kitten in the summer when they go to the cottage and stuff.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, I was just looking at Craiglist for Cincinnati and saw that listing. If there's anything I can do to help get her back let me know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent an email, trying to be as nice as possible... though I don't feel like being nice. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful. I hope you can get her back and find her a better home. Sometimes people will seem like just the right home, but you never really know what happens when they are gone. Good luck.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I assume there was no wrriten contract? That's when people always try to
you!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long did they have the kitten - takes more then a week or two to adjust....geezzzzzz

And are they making money or was that your adoption fee? Do you get the new owners to sign anything? If not, better do so in the future!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long did they have the kitten - takes more then a week or two to adjust....geezzzzzz
It was right around 2 weeks ago that they adopted her. I ended up letting her go at just under 10 weeks because Sasha was done nursing and was completely ignoring the kittens and Cleopatra was doing great with eating and using the litter box.

And are they making money or was that your adoption fee? Do you get the new owners to sign anything? If not, better do so in the future!
$50 was what they gave me... the adoption fee plus a voluntary donation. I hadn't been having anyone sign a contract but decided a few days ago (before I saw this ad) to start because I'm worried about people potentially de-clawing the cats even though it's clearly stated in the application and I bring it up several times that they cannot do so. It's in the adoption application that the cat will be returned if the owner can no longer keep him/her, and I also mention it again at the time of adoption.

I blame myself for not finding her a better home, and I'm getting more upset every minute that they're not responding to my email.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!

I would be furious!!

If they dont contact you, I would for sure get someone else to help you!!

Best of luck to you!!

Many
to you as well.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh geez! I mean criminey, if you said you would take her back if it didn't work out why didn't they call you!!!
how difficult is that
I hope you get Cleo back!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still haven't heard anything. Would anyone be willing to just email about her? I'd like to know if they're ignoring my email or if they just haven't checked it yet.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
OMG that is so horrible how people can do things like that you sound like you made it clear to them if there was a problem to contact you . Please don't blame yourself you did what you thought was a good thing . I don' live there but I'm willing to do whatever you need just ask ok.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I would be SO MAD too!

That makes no sence, if you said that if it didn't work out... bring her back... not so hard... just bring her back to you!

What is WRONG with people?!?!?

I e-mailed them too... if they contact me... I'll tell you and in place of me... YOU can go pick her up
(boy won't that shock them)