TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Your Mommy Kills Animals
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your Mommy Kills Animals

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Anyone going to go and see this? Rotten Tomatoes (film review site) gave it 100%. Almost unheard of - this is only the second time I've seen it award a perfect score.

For those who haven't heard of it, it is a documentary about the Animal Rights movement, and the title comes from a PeTA pamphlet that was distributed to children.

I won't see it, because apparently it does contain videos of animal abuse, but it has been given rave reviews as a very fair and accurate documentary, about animal rights, animal welfare and the plight of animals the world over - and especially the farce that is the animal rights movement, concentrating on corrupt and questionable organisations such as PeTA and the ALF.

If I could steel myself, I'd love to watch it.

Anyone seen it? Or going to?
post #2 of 23
Never heard of it. I will never see it either. I cry just reading about animal abuse, watching it may kill me. I know unjustice happens but I don't think a movie needs to be made about it. In todays world we need more movies that show the good not the wrong. Why couldn't a movie be made about a rescue group or the value of TNR. Just my opinion.
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
I'm not sure - but I think the movie is very PRO animal welfare, and does contain information about all the good that is being done. I think it has been made to help debunk some of the myths surrounding such groups and help people understand the real problems out there.

I truly applaud that this is being brought to the forefront - people are too unaware of animals and their sufferings and worse, don't care anywhere near enough, because to them, humans always come first.
post #4 of 23
Anything that shows what hypocrites, criminals and liars PeTA is deserves public attention. How these people can get away with continuing to misues tax dollars and keep their real agend hidden from the American public is beyond me.
post #5 of 23
yep she did, i saw her kill a few chickens for dinner before. SO what.
post #6 of 23
I would like to see it but have no idea where. Will video stores have it? Is it gonna be on t.v.?
post #7 of 23
I just downloaded and read the pamphlet that the movie was named after. Typical PETA stuff...

I'd love to see it, but I don't think it will make it into the heartland, so I'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD. I think it's about time that groups like PETA are called to the mat for the things they've done.
post #8 of 23
post #9 of 23
I hate to feel like I'm burying my head in the sand, but I couldn't watch it. I have a pretty good idea of what I might see. My vet told the me contents of one particular video he watched once and I've never been able to get those images out of my head. But on the other hand, maybe it should be required viewing for someone buying a fur coat. Replace that image of wrapping oneself in *luxury* with something a bit more realistic?

My guess is that people who already care about the topic probably won't want to see it, and those who don't won't bother.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
For those who haven't heard of it, it is a documentary about the Animal Rights movement, and the title comes from a PeTA pamphlet that was distributed to children.

but it has been given rave reviews as a very fair and accurate documentary, about animal rights, animal welfare and the plight of animals the world over - and especially the farce that is the animal rights movement, concentrating on corrupt and questionable organisations such as PeTA and the ALF.

If I could steel myself, I'd love to watch it.

Anyone seen it? Or going to?
Wow, you mean they made a documentary movie about everything I have been stating about these groups all along? I was just thinking about that PETA pamphlet today, funny this should be posted. I wonder where I could get a copy of this, should help me in the fight to stop the ban in my state, since it is written and sponsored by these AR groups..
Quote:
I'm not sure - but I think the movie is very PRO animal welfare, and does contain information about all the good that is being done. I think it has been made to help debunk some of the myths surrounding such groups and help people understand the real problems out there.
Hmmm, haven't I said these things all along? I swear, I didn't make the movie
Quote:
Anything that shows what hypocrites, criminals and liars PeTA is deserves public attention. How these people can get away with continuing to misues tax dollars and keep their real agend hidden from the American public is beyond me
Yes yes!! I sure hope this makes it big time in the states. The truth must be known!!
Quote:
I think it's about time that groups like PETA are called to the mat for the things they've done
I couldn't agree more.
Wow, this thread has just made my day
post #11 of 23
Question about this statement, "PETA's misuse of tax dollars"
Does PETA get tax dollars? If so, why?
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Question about this statement, "PETA's misuse of tax dollars"
Does PETA get tax dollars? If so, why?
I don't think they receive any tax dollars, not that I have heard yet, but they are tax exempted.
post #13 of 23
I would LOVE to watch that if I can get my hands on a copy of the DVD!!
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
I would LOVE to watch that if I can get my hands on a copy of the DVD!!
I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for the DVD, as it sounds as if it would be a great basis for conversation class at school.

Too many people take PETA, et. al., at face value. I know many of my students were in shock when PETA demanded that Knut, the bottle-fed polar bear at the Berlin Zoo, be euthanized. They'd thought PETA was all about animal protection. http://blog.rbb-online.de/roller/knu...+international
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for the DVD, as it sounds as if it would be a great basis for conversation class at school.

Too many people take PETA, et. al., at face value. I know many of my students were in shock when PETA demanded that Knut, the bottle-fed polar bear at the Berlin Zoo, be euthanized. They'd thought PETA was all about animal protection. http://blog.rbb-online.de/roller/knu...+international
If you find where you can get the DVD, please let me know. This may be a great informative tool for me as well.
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat View Post
If you find where you can get the DVD, please let me know. This may be a great informative tool for me as well.
It probably won't be out for another six months, if the film is in theaters right now.
post #17 of 23
Never heard of it!! And I dont think I would be able to watch it....
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat View Post
Wow, this thread has just made my day
I thought it might John This was part of the reason I started it in the first place!

I looked up PeTA on Wikipedia a few years ago and read all about the campaign this documentary is named for. That was the final nail in the coffin, for me. What an utter disgrace.

I actually sent Pamela Anderson a message last night asking her how she felt about being so closely associated with PeTA after all their controversy. I have a lot of respect for her, even though many would disagree with me, I'm sure. I have to wonder if she knows what they're all about, but it's just safer for her to stay affiliated because they can get VERY nasty with people (especially famous people) who withdraw their support ...
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
Question about this statement, "PETA's misuse of tax dollars"
Does PETA get tax dollars? If so, why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat View Post
I don't think they receive any tax dollars, not that I have heard yet, but they are tax exempted.
ooops you are right- sorry, sloppy posting on my part. PeTA is tax-exempt, not they get tax dollars. They have been suing these fund for things that I as a taxpayer strongly object to. But I should have said "misuse of tax-exempt revenues".
post #20 of 23
I definitely want to see it, and buy myself a copy. In the last year I've been made aware of the AR movement, and now I speak out wherever I can.

Now.. but in theaters.. would this be movie theaters? I know I must be asking a dumb question, but I am very curious. I didn't know movie theaters played documentaries...
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva! View Post
I thought it might John This was part of the reason I started it in the first place!
I guess you know me too well or just getting sick of all my ramblings
post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 
Lol not at all. In fact, last night I sat there with Max and we went through your entire thread in Pet Pics so I could show him your babies. He's a hopelessly soppy wuss when it comes to cats - of all kinds. We both got a bit misty looking at all the photos of you all cuddling together.

I actually (as you know) do not agree with exotic ownership, but I know your history and my thoughts are, well, if you weren't rescuing and taking care of these babies who would be? I know who I'd choose if I could - and it would NOT be PeTA. I wouldn't leave a goldfish in their care.

My objections are more for the Paris Hilton `I want a tiger' type idiots. Not people who will actually respect, understand and care for their exotics.
post #23 of 23
Okay I'm actually going to go see it this weekend. I can't believe a movie like this made it to CLEVELAND!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Your Mommy Kills Animals