Shinya and Yuna!

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
心夜 (Shinya)

My 4 month old Russian blue. She's SO timid and runs from strangers but we're so close it's crazy. (Though now she has Yuna to chase around the house and occasionally hiss at, I don't think she even notices I exist anymore!
) I've had her since she was 6 weeks old and I couldn't imagine life without her. She's got such a gentle personality and everyone thinks she's just perfect. She is however, a serious biter.. when she's feeling all lovey dovey and happy, she just likes to gnaw on me! When she's feeling playful, she bites of course.. and now with the newbie in the house, she has the tendancy to release her frustrations on, you guessed it.. MY HANDS!!! I can handle the scratching but, the biting draws blood sometimes!

The last one is Shinya spotting Yuna

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
優奈 (Yuna)

Still not sure on the kanji (japanese characters) for Yuna's name but oh well, as long as she has a name! Yuna's my 11 week old Abyssinian, she's been here since Saturday. When I first met her she was a giant bundle of craziness, crawling all over my head, eating my long hair extensions, pulling off my glasses, gnawing on all my ear and facial piercings (I have a lot!) and it was like we'd been friends for ever. Took her home and she turned into a hissing, snarling, growling, spitting ball of terror. Basically had to leave her on her own for a day and a half but she snapped out of it pretty quickly and now starts purring the second I pick her up. She thinks she's a monkey though and still climbs all over my head.

And finally, both my babies having breakfast..

I don't think either of them have any interest in me now they have each other... They've only known each other for a day and a half but they're already becoming friends. The hissing is down to rare occasions and they basically just chase each other around the house CONSTANTLY. Sometimes it looks like they're even playing hide and seek. Yuna is definitely behaving more kitten-y, while Shinya is obviously setting the boundries.. but because they're both so young, they seem to have the same basical mental age so when one runs off, the other just chases her!

Couldn't live without them!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they both look so cute. both look so young.

hehe oh i bet if you check out FF 10 game they will give you kanji for Yuna.

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hehe, where do you think I got the name from?

I'm basically trying to choose the kanji myself. I actually speak Japanese (albeit not fluently) so am scanning through the various kanji for both YUU and NA to come up with a combination I like.

I can either go with 優 for the YUU, which has a postive meaning (kindness; gentleness) or 憂 which has a negative meaning (melancholy; sadness). Being a gothy type, I prefer the darker kanji but, it doesn't exactly fit with the crazy little loving Abyssinian! Plus, Shinya means midnight and I kind of want Yuna to be the daylight to her midnight, if that makes ANY SENSE!
D

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by die_to_xxx

I'm basically trying to choose the kanji myself. I actually speak Japanese (albeit not fluently) so am scanning through the various kanji for both YUU and NA to come up with a combination I like.

I can either go with 優 for the YUU, which has a postive meaning (kindness; gentleness) or 憂 which has a negative meaning (melancholy; sadness). Being a gothy type, I prefer the darker kanji but, it doesn't exactly fit with the crazy little loving Abyssinian! Plus, Shinya means midnight and I kind of want Yuna to be the daylight to her midnight, if that makes ANY SENSE!
D
lol since i am at work i cant, read those in the office,
but if you are going after the yuna from the game, then the postive meaning would be it

i dont have time to try and keep up with that anymore, i took some japanese in college.

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tink80>
Thanks!!! I always angst over naming pets and such because they're going to be stuck with that name for their rest of their lives! Even fish and the like who don't live a very long time, I STILL angst over it - let's hope I never have children!!

I actually angsted over whether I liked Shinya as a name for a whole month after naming her, then one day it finally just stuck and now I'm really happy I went with it. I'm still very shakey about Yuna as a name but I'm sure it'll either stick or I'll decide I hate it pretty fast!

theimp98>
Well.. it doesn't really have to be like the character in the game. It was more like, I wanted to call her Luna to start with but then decided I wanted a lighter name and Yuna randomly came to my head. But everyone I've spoken to has said that the more positive kanji is the way to go.

And you took some Japanese in college? Lucky! I really wanted to learn from about school age but my school didn't do it, neither did my university (just French and German and such). I only got to learn after graduating university and going of onto a full time intensive course, and then doing the same here and Japan. I wish I could have started earlier!

Lore>
Thankyou so much!! Then post more photos I shall! I'm actually thinking of putting videos up so I guess it's off the youtube!

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let's see of this works~

Can you beleive that Yuna was a hissing, growling, spitting ball of terror under 2 days ago??

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by die_to_xxx

D
The video works for me. They are just adorable and I LOVE their name! Personally I'd go with 優 to go with her personality, it is also more feminine than 憂.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yuna and Shinya are gorgeous!! Russian Blues and Abys are 2 of my favorite breeds (after the Siamese of course
)

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rone

The video works for me. They are just adorable and I LOVE their name! Personally I'd go with 優 to go with her personality, it is also more feminine than 憂.
Yeah, I totally agree! All the people I know called 憂 are guys! Girls tend to use a different kanji (not that Yuu is a particularly girly name anyway!)

And Yuna simply is NOT dark in any way and I don't think she ever will be! I mean, she's an abyssinian!! And she's a much sillier kitten than Shinya... it's like she's just SO hyper, she can't really control what she's doing properly! And she moves SO fast, even when she's just nuzzling against me or something.

So I've definitely decided on 優... and I really thing 優奈 has grown on me overall...

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Yuna and Shinya are gorgeous!! Russian Blues and Abys are 2 of my favorite breeds (after the Siamese of course
)
Interestingly enough, my favourite breed is the Siamese too!

When I finally got a more stable visa here in Japan and was able to get myself a kitten (I couldn't back in England because my mum is horribly allergic.. shame because she LOVES cats), I had intended to get a Siamese. But there're just not as common here.. and the chain of pet shops I actually trust have only had ONE in all the months I've been checking their website. (they keep pictures of all the kittens and puppies in all their stores up on the net.. very helpful so you can see where has what and then travel out to take a look).
On one of my random searches, I found a Shinya.. there was a little picture and a video of her being adorable.. so I went on a search about the Russian Blue and realized that she'd suit me perfectly so I went out to see her.. Since then I'd also fallen in love with Abyssinians, hence why I got Yuna. But I'd REALLY like to get a Siamese around Christmas time if I'm lucky enough to find one...

die_to_xxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

What beauties!!
Thankyou!!! They're completely insane, and I have a feeling Yuna is going to be a very bad influence on Shinya soon enough.. but I love them dealy..