I have the best cats

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know everybody here feels that way about their cats and that's how it should be.
But, I have to give credit where it's due to my crew for their flexibility and acceptance of all the foster kitties that have come and gone in the past year.

Case in point, their reaction to Georgie (who's going home on Friday). Pete lets Georgie be his little shadow and is a great temporary big brother. He plays with Georgie, lets the little guy snuggle with him and follow him everywhere. For some reason, Georgie (and also Rosie before she went home) has brought out Claire's mothering instinct. She grooms Georgie at every opportunity and seeks him out for snuggles. My oldest, Katie, who's 14, has been especially tolerant. She lets Georgie share her space and rub up against her with no complaint, only a look of mild disdain on her face when he gets too crazy. Even Gracie (who's nickname is ***chy kitty because of her strong dislike for other cats and people besides me) has limited her usual snorting, hissing and growling and only reacts with a paw raised in warning when Georgie gets on her nerves.

Anyway, I'm pretty darn proud of these guys and love them for putting up all the visiting kitties.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's very sweet -- kudos to the hospitable kitties!
Do you suppose some of it rubbed off from their Meowmy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I should probably amend my original post to add that, while my crew is generally pretty flexible with foster kitties, it does depend on the cat. They do much better with kittens and male cats than young/adult females. I've fostered a couple of girls, Ginger and Lucy, who terrified Pete and left my girls totally peeved.

Also, even though, they're accepting of most of the fosters, they do have conflicts among themselves. Peter loves his sisters, but gets on all their nerves at times, even Claire, who's his littermates. Gracie merely tolerates Peter and Claire and they LOVE to gang up on her. Katie's pretty tolerant of everybody, but the younger ones do try her patience at times.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I should probably amend my original post to add that, while my crew is generally pretty flexible with foster kitties, it does depend on the cat. They do much better with kittens and male cats than young/adult females. I've fostered a couple of girls, Ginger and Lucy, who terrified Pete and left my girls totally peeved.

Also, even though, they're accepting of most of the fosters, they do have conflicts among themselves. Peter loves his sisters, but gets on all their nerves at times, even Claire, who's his littermates. Gracie merely tolerates Peter and Claire and they LOVE to gang up on her. Katie's pretty tolerant of everybody, but the younger ones do try her patience at times.
Sounds like pretty typical sibling interaction!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

It always amazes me to hear stuff like this...My cats would never do that...they are meanies
except Abby is a scaredy cat.