Wolf Warning plan

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today I got in my email another National wildlife plea to donate money to help wolves in danger from Bushes extermanation plan set for Aug 6th.. I have no credit cards and am on social sacurity and a spend down of three thousend due to having high fuctioning Autism so as such I'm unabe to donate I ask you guys please donate money or sgn any petations, at NRDC action fund, or Defenders of wildlife.org. They need a set amount of $150,000 to make this work and they have only until Aug 6th.

The whole thing is stupid and cruel this is just awful

(ps. If you can please PM any Dog forums or related online web sites I was thinking maybe if I tell dog lovers about this I would be able to through them help the wolves, sense wolves aredogs wild ancestors, and some of um might keep hybreds, ect.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What I dont see is, if the government wants peoples money for donations such as these, then they should create a speical type of money, maybe oh lets say paper and color it blue, then we'd have rulager people money, paper and coins and blue governmet money that would be of no use to us

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, except it's not a government agency that's collecting the money, it's a charity organization that's fighting the government...

I hear ya, though, I donate to any number of these organizations.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww.. I wish I had the money to donate!
I love wolves, they have always been my favorite wild animal. It's horrible what they're doing!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this actually true? I have searched and searched but can only find information from protesters. I went to the US Fish and Wildlife Service website and have been able to find no evidence of this plan??

Gray wolves are endangered - I find it hard to believe that a government-sanctioned killing would be allowed to take place legally.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This has been going on for a long time now - it's not new news, but the issue is hitting critical mass right now.

We've already donated a couple times this year.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Is this actually true? I have searched and searched but can only find information from protesters. I went to the US Fish and Wildlife Service website and have been able to find no evidence of this plan??

Gray wolves are endangered - I find it hard to believe that a government-sanctioned killing would be allowed to take place legally.
according to this article which i found thru yahoo by typing in "kill wolves" in the yahoo!news search, there is a big drive to take gray wolves OFF the endangered species list

http://helenair.com/articles/2007/07...c010713_01.txt

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheers. Being in Australia, my Google doesn't always generate the same results even if it's `all' Google and not just for Australia.

That article still doesn't say anything about mass government-sanction killings, though, just outlines steps that people will be able to take under certain conditions and with the (yet to be awarded) approval of the US Fish and Wildlife Service. But still, it's just another reason George W Bush is going to the deepest depths of Hell. I could never shoot a living creature - ever.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
By taking them off the endangered species list, it is no longer a crime to kill them. The government is not sanctioning mass killings, but there has been a long history between ranchers and the parks concerning loss of livestock.

As my DH sarcastically jokes, if you want to take an animal off the endangered species list, turn it into food for people. You can bet that people will start taking good care of that animal. That's actually how Panama got the Iguana off the list - they started raising them for food. Technically, there are enough animals alive to take them off the list, but they are still endangered in the wild.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we all know that that Bush administration isn't exactly the pinnacle of environmental conservation. Typical

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, thanks! Was only getting part of it this morning when I was getting ready for work.. just know my emails now include Yellowstone as well as Alaska for the "rescue" effort

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes Idaho elected a animal killer for Gov... I didnt vote for him

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cannot afford to donate money. But I have been getting (through email) petatitons for saving wolves. The bush adminestradion is going to shoot up to half the gray wolves in MN, and Alaskia or maybe even North America! I've signed as may of these petdations as possible and have tried logging onto dog forums( without much luck) to spread the word hoping enraged dog people would donate or sign. They have the wolf killing planes ready and plan to start this Aug 6th! to shoot entire packs from the sky

Go to Defenders of Wildlife <defenders@mail. defenders.org>

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I've signed at least four different petitions for this from my various email alerts for different organizations.