Shark Week!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
anyone watch this? it's the 20th year of it and I think I've watched at least the last 18
as terrified as I am of sharks, I am very curious about them and they really are fascinating creatures. the show I am looking forward to the most is "Sharkman" the one where he swims with Great Whites without a cage!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want cable.
I wanna watch the Sharkman where he swims without a cage.....I would pee myself!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I want cable.
I wanna watch the Sharkman where he swims without a cage.....I would pee myself!
okay, maybe you don't really want to watch it?
they had one a couple years ago where a guy was out in the Gulf of Mexico swimming with Makos!!! those are the really fast ones that are shaped like torpedoes and have really nasty teeth, they were the ones in the movies Deep Blue Sea, that was really scary too

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wasnt there an episode that was suppose to air yesterday on the biggest shark attack in history? If so I missed it. I have a serious phobia about sharks yet I am drawn to them (if that makes any sense at all)... They freak me out (Ive seen em in captivity but never up close and personal in the ocean... Id get myself killed, Id freak and start flailing around like a fish, it be over in no time).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YEAH YEAH YEAH... cant tell I love SHARK week can ya??

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Wasnt there an episode that was suppose to air yesterday on the biggest shark attack in history? If so I missed it. I have a serious phobia about sharks yet I am drawn to them (if that makes any sense at all)... They freak me out (Ive seen em in captivity but never up close and personal in the ocean... Id get myself killed, Id freak and start flailing around like a fish, it be over in no time).
yeah, that was the one about the Indianapolis
Discovery is showing shark week shows SOLID, so I know it'll repeat
Originally Posted by sharky

YEAH YEAH YEAH... cant tell I love SHARK week can ya??
no way!!! I always wondered why your name was sharky

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hmm maybe I can catch it. Did you see that one, was it good?
no, i recorded it, I was too busy reading Harry Potter to stop!!
I'll most likely watch it when I get home, I'll look to see when it's on next and give you an update!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be great, I wouldnt have been able to catch it yesterday cuz I was gettin my kitty. Hopefully they will re-run it... Im sure they will!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo!

I Love sharkman, he is so cool!

I missed the episode about the SS Indiana, but I really wanted to watch it. B was telling me some history on it, since I'm not too much of a military buff, but one account said that one guy woke up, the guy next to him was still on the raft, but surrounded with blood. A shark came up and ripped him apart!!!
I so want to see that!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is one way I do NOT want to die... Hopefully the a heart attack would kill me first (b4 the bite)!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That would be great, I wouldnt have been able to catch it yesterday cuz I was gettin my kitty. Hopefully they will re-run it... Im sure they will!
it was on at 9 last night, if they replay it, they'll probably do it during the day
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Oooo!

I Love sharkman, he is so cool!

I missed the episode about the SS Indiana, but I really wanted to watch it. B was telling me some history on it, since I'm not too much of a military buff, but one account said that one guy woke up, the guy next to him was still on the raft, but surrounded with blood. A shark came up and ripped him apart!!!
I so want to see that!
Sharkman is on next Sunday, it's a 2 hour show

I always remember the captain (can't remember name
) from the first Jaws talking about it

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I'd jump in (to dangerous waters lol) on this one too 'cause it's a topic I love. I'm fascinated by sharks and love 'em all and want to see 'em all survive and while my sat pkg does not have Discovery
I DID see a neat PBS doc on sharks last night which gave me a little shark fix. My LBTC (Little Black Talking Cat, who soon grew into a HUGE Black Talking Cat and is usually referred to as Talker, but whom I affectionately nicknamed Sharky or The Sharkster because of the tilt of his tail and his propensity to take a chunk out of anyone at any time for any or no reason -- gotta LOVE that Talker!!!
) is a land shark with fur. How's that for bizarro?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty psyched about Deadly Tigers tonight. I was home sick today so I got to watch several Great White shows. Great Whites are my favorite, followed by Tiger Sharks and Bull Sharks.
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

okay, maybe you don't really want to watch it?
they had one a couple years ago where a guy was out in the Gulf of Mexico swimming with Makos!!! those are the really fast ones that are shaped like torpedoes and have really nasty teeth, they were the ones in the movies Deep Blue Sea, that was really scary too
I'm pretty sure the movie Deep Blue Sea (the one with the genetically engineered sharks) had genetically engineered tiger sharks in it. I'm a cheesie shark movie buff.
Maybe you are thinking of Open Water?

edit: so i was talking to my hubby and he thinks there were makos in it too. i think i'm going to have to rewatch deep blue sea!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got Shark Week on the TV right now. They just were diving outside the cage with Great Whites. The guy from South Africa held onto his fin and was being pulled thru the water by a couple of them. Next up is Tiger sharks.

I have a fear of water and its probably due to a fear of sharks. But they still fascinate me.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I LOVE shark week, this is only my 2nd year watching it but my boyfriend got me into it. It is very fascinating but I hate it when the sharks get the cute little seals or sea turtles! WAHHHHH!!!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Discovery Channel, all this week!!! I watch it during the evenings, so I'm not sure if there are things going on during the day or not because I'm at work. But, it started last night so you haven't missed much yet!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I watched the Indianapolis show last night, it was really good
but I couldn't find out when the next showing of it is, my digital cable was being weird, all the furture shows were "To be announced"
I did catch the last minute of Tiger Sharks, I'll watch that tonight in full, I've been recording al lthe shows, I know I've seen most of them, but I like to watch again

and Brenna, I'm like 99% sure they were makos, I remember reading it somewhere, I don't remember them having stripes? Let me know what you find!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

and Brenna, I'm like 99% sure they were makos, I remember reading it somewhere, I don't remember them having stripes? Let me know what you find!
I just looked it up. I must have cold medicine on the brain or something (I've had a nasty cold for the last few days). It *is* Mako sharks. I must have gotten confused because they feed a Tiger shark to them at one point in the movie.

We watched the Tiger Shark show last night. That was pretty cool. I didn't watch the one after that about Shark Attacks though.

I think I've watched Jaws of the Pacific and Air Jaws a billion times.