Frankly I'm shocked.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the day has been fine, but a strange thing happend this morning. One of the guys I work with comes over & says I have to appologize for what I said before. I didn't mean it, but I'm sitting here thinking about how mean it was. Well I didn't even hear what he said, but I know him and I'm sure what ever he said he was trying to joke around. I have a guess as to what he said, but he was kind enough not to repeat it when I said I didn't hear him. I didn't really know what to say because he was so upset he was teary eyed. He is a very nice guy, and I know that sometimes he just jokes around without thinking about it. He even said he said it trying to get a laugh out of the other guy, but he said he needs to be more carefull about what he says. I'm guessing he said something about my weight & that's why he feels so bad. I'm glad I didn't hear it or my feelings would have been hurt. I just know it must have been mean to make him feel that bad because we joke around all the time. I'm just still shocked over the whole thing.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! I would be shocked too. To be honest it would bug me not knowing just what he said though. I understand not wanting to know because of your feelings being hurt.

Maybe this will make him think before he says something offensive next time.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least he was honest enough to admit his mistake and apoligize for it. Everyone slips and says something that they shouldn't have sometimes. I wouldn't be mad about it, as long as it doesn't happen again.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I am surprised and glad that he apologized and actually meant it. It is weird though that you have no idea what he said

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, I am surprised and glad that he apologized and actually meant it. It is weird though that you have no idea what he said
I think I was having another conversation when he said it, so I didn't hear it. I frankly hadn't even realized that he had said something.

Originally Posted by snosrap5

Wow! I would be shocked too. To be honest it would bug me not knowing just what he said though. I understand not wanting to know because of your feelings being hurt.

Maybe this will make him think before he says something offensive next time.
It does sort of bother me and part of me wants to know what he said, but I'm looking at like this, sometimes things happen the way they do fora reason. I hope he will think next time too. It obviously bothered him a lot.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It takes a lot to make that kind of apology. He sounds like a good guy to me.
That's exactly what I was thinking. He is super nice, but I know that he does have a tendency to put his foot in his mouth. I just had to tell someone about it because it was strange and shocking all at once.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

It does sort of bother me and part of me wants to know what he said, but I'm looking at like this, sometimes things happen the way they do fora reason. I hope he will think next time too. It obviously bothered him a lot.
My hats off to you than!
It takes an exceptional person with a big heart to feel that way!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earlier this year I got a phone call from a woman I worked with several year ago and she asked to meet as she had something she wanted to say to me. I'm thinking what..... Anyhow we meet and she pulls out this handwritten letter about how she had badmouthed me to mgmt (neither of us work for this company anymore) and how she treated me so bad as she wanted things done her way,yadda, yadda, yadda. She had substance abuse problems that is why she leave the company and must have gone through therapy. I found out she had meetings with 3-4 others too.
I/m thinking I never had a problems working with her but in hindsight her words probably didn't help my career any either.

So just gracefully accept apology and don't dwell on what was said.