Worlds Best Cat Litter Or Catsan Hygiene Litter?

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

Im very excited because now its only a matter of 5 days before I get my darling Kitty Figo home. I was wondering if anyone could advise me with personal experience which litter is better.... Worlds Best Cat Litter or Catsan Hygiene Cat litter. Ive heard good things about both... but im not sure, which one clumps better and is good in controlling the odour and the most important is that the kitty should like using it

Thank you and hoping for someone to help me.

Keziah

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey there!

I haven't used the other, but I used World's Best for a while and loved it. It's natural, smells pleasant, clumps well, and there's about average to less tracking. My cats loved it, and it's safe and not dusty. I only stopped using it because I don't always have time to go to Petsmart... and it is more pricy. But definitely give them both a try if your cats don't mind the switches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey
, thanks so much for the reply. I have no idea what he will like..m kinda nervous, its like having a new baby in the family
I know worlds best is very expensive, the thing is you dont get it in supermarkets and ordering online they charge you for delivery as well
may I ask what litter do you use?

Thanks again

kez

blueyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
something almost identical to Worlds Best...but alot cheaper is Purina chicken feed crumble. That is basically what Worlds Best.. is with a freshner scent added. I switched from Worlds Best to this about a year ago and it is just as good with a much more reasonable price tag.

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi, thanks for the advice, I will try and find out more about it...where do you get this?

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I currently use Tidy Cats multi-cat (blue box). It's always at my grocery store, and it clumps and scoops great, although I'm not crazy about the tracking!

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks jessica,

you know what its so hard to find a local shop where i can get a few thing for my pet... all the pet stores seem to be in the city side... i will try and find out about tidy cats... do you get it in supermarkets? the range of cat litter in the tesco i go to sucks
lol, anyways, back to google to research more for cat litter

kittiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I use cedar wood pellets. Like the ones made for wood pellet stoves. This is what they used at the shelter where I got my cats. They're actually really cheap and they smell nice (where I live it's ~$6 for a 40lb bag at any place that sells the stoves). And because they turn into sawdust when they get wet, you can scoop the poop and flush it down the toilet (probably not a good idea to flush a whole bunch of it down but a little doesn't hurt). However, because it doesn't clump, I change the litter 2 or 3 times a week.

I recently had some trouble with Tulip pooping on the carpet for some reason. Thanks to the help of people on this forum, I tried the Cat Attract litter and it worked great! I mixed it with the wood pellets and it completely retrained her. Haven't had an incident since.

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have no idea how Figo is going to take to the litter tray and the litter. I tried finding some uk based websites for the cat attract cat litter but they were all americal websites... I dont know if i should buy cat attract and keep it just in case figo doesnt use the litter tray easily.

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The wood pellets sound just like Feline Pine. I bought a box from the website. When the cats pee...it turns to sawdust and drops into the the second level. You just take the bottom off and clean it out. When they poop you scoop and flush. There isnt any smell with the Feline Pine either. And the really great thing no tracking and no dust.

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I bought catsan and worlds best cat litter, I will see which one he likes, I think I will have to go by trial and error basis, went to a pet shop yest but the lady din seem to have much knowledge about it.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I liked the World's Best at first, but found it pulverized into dust very quickly, then started to stink quite a lot. I was using it for 9 kittens. Once it turned into dust it got everywhere, it was ridiculous. I was paying $11 a bag, and it took two to fill the box, and I was throwing it out at least once a week.

I haven't tried the other brand you mentioned.

Good luck!

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks Gomer, so what do you use for your kittens?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How old is Figo? If he's under three or four months, you might want to go with a non-clumping litter till you're sure he doesn't eat litter.

If you're looking for a good clumping litter that you can order on line with low or no shipping costs, you should check out zooplus (also for food). http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/c...ies/cat_litter
I've tried all sorts of litter, and really love the Golden Grey or Golden Grey Master. It's much finer than Catsan, has very little dust, and a little goes a long way. The only problem is that it's sold in a double pack (2 x 14 kg.), so your postman better have a strong back.

blueyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the chicken feed is bought at a feed store, which may be impractical if you live in a city and have to spend 10 or more dollars in gas to get it!lol...but if you live close to the country there are probably some not too far away.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keziah

thanks Gomer, so what do you use for your kittens?
I was using Sweat Scoop for quite a while, I really liked it except that it would stick to the bottom of the pan like cement. I have a few kittens who really like to dig before they go.
I had to use a knife to chip it off!
I asked the company about it and they said they changed the formula so it no longer stuck. I bought a bag that said 'new and improved' but didn't notice any difference in the sticking. It clumped well, I liked the smell and it didn't track too bad, either.

I'm using Maxxcat clumping litter at the moment, and so far so good. I find they REALLY like to dig in it though and most of it ends up in piles outside of the box (I need to buy a deeper box apparently!). I was having a problem with one of the kittens not wanting to use the box with the Sweat Scoop and WB (would pee on the bedding instead), but haven't had an issue since switching to the Maxxcat.

I wouldn't use clumping for really small kittens, though, or ideally even for my 3.5 month old ones (or any cat for that matter), but I simply couldn't find a natural litter that worked well enough. Perhaps it's better if there is only one or two kittens instead of 9?

Good luck with your decision!

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi JCat, thank you so much the wand
, its very sweet of you. Figo is 3 months old. I will go and bring him home this sunday
so excited.

His breeder said Figo isnt fussy at all. He used to eat litter when was very young, now he doesnt. So I think clumping litter is good for cleaning purposes. I just saw the Grey Master Litter in zooplus. It says it has silicate in it...can you tell me what is that and is it in any way harmful for Figo? The problem is there are so many types and brands of litter that it becomes kinda difficult to decide. I just hope he doesnt pee on the bed

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you blue eyes, I live in London so I think finding chicken feed would be difficult
would probably try and buy something easily available from the store.

keziah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the insight Gomer, I saw Maxxcat, do you get it at stores like tescos? and is it clumping and clay based litter? I read somewhere clay wasnt good for the cat? is it true?