TCS Page Loading Problems!!!!!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m curious to know if anyone else has problems getting pages to load on TCS during the evening hours? I have a cable modem at home and night time is the absolute worst for me to try to access TCS. I can sit there for up to 45 minutes trying to get one thread, any thread, to open and I have no luck. Last night, I couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get anything but the homepage. I can try other sites on the internet and have success. In the morning hours, I can cruise along on TCS with no problems whatsoever. There can't possibly be that much more internet traffic at night. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m baffled!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!!! I wonder what has been going on. It's only at night though. I have cable connection too and it hasn't taken that long for the pages to load but still it's annoying. Argg

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At times, not always, the site tends to be slow for me this morning....
I just received this message when I attempted to post on another thread---
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's worst than using dial-up. It's getting slower and slower each day. It hasn't load normally for me in 2 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

It's worst than using dial-up. It's getting slower and slower each day. It hasn't load normally for me in 2 months.
My thoughts exactly!!!! Worse than dial-up!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's been two or three threads on this already, so apparently it's a frequent problem for many members, myself included.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I RARELY have any problems... but then again I'm at work and we have good internet service here

Hope you guys get this all figured out!
It's not my end cause any other site loads perfectly!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would say, a couple of problems,
one at nights i think the TCS is getting slammed with traffic that makes it slow.

2)
i notice that when i was using IE7 or firefox on the one pc i would often get DONE, with nothing on the screen or times out on TCS. But on my laptop which is still running IE 6 i did not have that issue at all.But i would still get time outs

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use IE7 with no issues on other sites...
I suspect that our TCS tech is aware of this problem and is addressing it.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, I have to say, I had problems loading this sites and when I switched ISP's it got better. Personally, I don't have any issues with loading times now myself. We have a dedicated server and a "dedicated" server admin and I know he runs frequent checks.

That said, I think there may be slower times, for about half an hour everyday when we run the back up processes. This could potentially slow down the server. Other than that, AFAIK it should be fast enough (and it's fast enough for me here). I know from dealing with my ISP that different ISP's handle different sites in different ways. That is to say, your ISP could have good connections to some sites, and then a slow connection to others. Not saying that this is the issue with any of the members who posted here, only that it is a possible issue. The way to find out is to do something called trace route and see where the problem is between you computer and our server. Then you can get back to your ISP with the results and see if they can improve on anything.

I will ask Scott, our admin, to have a look at this thread and post his opinion and maybe instructions on how to run a trace route (it is too geeky for me lol).

Last, but not least, although we don't see any slowdown on our side of the server, we are in the process of switching to a better and even faster machine. The switch should have taken place about a week ago, but is being delayed because of technical issues. It should be anyday now. Again, I don't think that would cause an improvement for the members who are experiencing long loading times - because I am not at all sure it's the server at fault here...

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update Anne....
My provider is AT&T DSL Express with no loading problems on other sites...
when we get the info about how to trace back, I will try it to see if the problem of slow loading is on their servers.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have high-speed internet and our computer was cleaned up by a pro just last week to make it faster. Having said that, I found last evening that it seems to take forever for TCS pages to load. I'd sit with a white screen for long intervals between loading. It's very frustrating and since I have limited time available in the evening, I get fidgety and feel like I'm wasting time, get frustrated and go do something else.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

It's very frustrating and since I have limited time available in the evening, I get fidgety and feel like I'm wasting time, get frustrated and go do something else.
Sometimes I just log out of TCS...
don't have time to wait.

One more thing....
last Wed or Thurs morning....
the site was running at lightening speed.
Faster than it has in all the time that I have been a member.

The next day, it was back to being very slow at times.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not convinced it's the site's server, either, otherwise everybody would be having the same problems with whatever browser they're using. I think.

Is it possible it's the advertising that's delaying the page rendering? If it's contextual advertising, not everybody would be getting the same ads. Are any premium subscribers having these problems?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

Is it possible it's the advertising that's delaying the page rendering? If it's contextual advertising, not everybody would be getting the same ads. Are any premium subscribers having these problems?
Yes....I am a premium subscriber.
It does seem to be only a small number of us....
very frustrating.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

I'm not convinced it's the site's server, either, otherwise everybody would be having the same problems with whatever browser they're using. I think.

I am a premium subscriber also.
Today it too 3 tries to get the site to show up.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have had two ISP's in the last 2 months and had issues with both of them. I am using IE6 or Opera and the loading time is the same on each browser.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have run with and without pop up blockers and changed my anti-virus company in the hope that might help...
no difference.

Who are your ISP's?
Maybe, as Anne suggested, that is our problem.
Mine is AT&T DSL.
Are any of you using the same provider?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I have run with and without pop up blockers and changed my anti-virus company in the hope that might help...
no difference.

Who are your ISP's?
Maybe, as Anne suggested, that is our problem.
Mine is AT&T DSL.
Are any of you using the same provider?
I went from Earthlink to Verizon.
I have used 3 different computers in this house all with different antivirus software and it didn't make a difference. I empty my history every 3 days and temp files daily. I don't always delete my cookies since I prefer to stay logged into forums.

I am on all hours of the day/night and it's always the same slow speed.