Hi Everyone!

snowmeow9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi everybody! My name is Karen, and I just joined the forums. My husband and I adopted our first furbaby on Saturday from a shelter here in Chicago. He's four years old, neutered, and a complete sweetheart. He's got a perfect tuxedo coat and loves to plop down on his side for petting and attention. We're still coming up with the right name for him - but he seems content to wait while we decide!

This looks like a fantastic place for information and support as we learn how to be kitty parents. I apologize in advance for all of the questions!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No apology necessary! That's the great thing about this place: we're here to help each other be the best kitty parents possible. Your boy sounds really sweet, and I'm sure he'll tell you his name in due course.

Welcome to TCS! I hope you enjoy your time here -- and please, we'd love to see your sweetie -- you'll find we're really greedy when it comes to pictures!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowmeow9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got a few pictures so far! Should I post them here, or in a different forum?

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello. welcome. it is mostly likely ok for you to post them here, but in the general forums there is The Cat Lounge forum, and in that is a Fur Picture and Video Only forum that is where you are supposed to post pics. what i would do is post the pics in the picture forum, and post a link to that thread in this thread. oh, and make sure that they are sized ok. if you haven't seen it, there is a sticky on pic sizes in the new cats on the block forum. if you have photobucket, you can resize them and IMG them. that's what i do.

snowmeow9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by ILoveMyKitty

hello. welcome. it is mostly likely ok for you to post them here, but in the general forums there is The Cat Lounge forum, and in that is a Fur Picture and Video Only forum that is where you are supposed to post pics. what i would do is post the pics in the picture forum, and post a link to that thread in this thread. oh, and make sure that they are sized ok. if you haven't seen it, there is a sticky on pic sizes in the new cats on the block forum. if you have photobucket, you can resize them and IMG them. that's what i do.
Thank you! I did just what you said - here's the link to the thread in the Fur Picture forum:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=136602

I hope I did the right size on the IMG. But isn't he adorable?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Karen
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your new furbaby to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola Karen y bienvenida a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi Karen and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
You have a beautiful name!

See you on the forums!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!! Watch out this place is truly addictive!! Everyone on here is very friendly. I am so happy that you chose to save your furbaby from the shelter. That is how I got my sweet kitties!

snowmeow9

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update! We've decided to name him Orion. He may earn some nickname as time goes on, but this will be his "official" name.

Thanks for the welcome!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you and your kitty
you're going to love it around here, theres always lots to do and see
and theres always someone on hand for those kitty type questions !

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
It's great that you've joined us!

If you have any questions as you find your way around the site, please feel free to click on my username and send me a private message. I'll be happy to help.