Ratatoulle

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a movie about a rat being a chef and I saw it tonight with my best friend and her little girl who is 2 and a half, Trinity. It was cute. B) has anyone seen this? I would recommend it as a good family movie if you have little kids or younger siblings.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808490293/info

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I went last week! Very nice little movie. It's no Toy Story, but then, what is? Even Cars isn't quite Toy Story (though I love it!).

Didn't you love the evil restaurant critic? That was Peter O'Toole doing the voice... perfect casting!

And I loved the little place on the windowsill where the rat slept, with an oven mitt for a sleeping bag.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The best movie I've seen all summer was the short in front of this movie. The one with the alien on his first day at work. I swear it was the sweetest, cutest, and most well done piece of digital animation I've seen in a very long time.

As for the movie itself, it was cute and fun to watch. I'd take kids to see it and then try to get them interested in cooking afterwards.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think you need to take kids to see it!! DH and I are huge fans of all the Pixar movies, and have no problems going on our own.

I thought it was a fabulous movie - as usual a great storyline that doesn't rely on fart jokes or anything like that to be funny.

And I agree - the short at the start was excellent, so cute!!! Have you seen the short "For the Birds"? I think it's at the start of Monsters Inc. It's my favourite Pixar short, it always gets me giggling.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its on our list of movies to see
Haven't seen it yet tho. This past week our town has had its annual Corn Fest days so we've been pretty busy with things

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I don't think you need to take kids to see it!! DH and I are huge fans of all the Pixar movies, and have no problems going on our own.

I thought it was a fabulous movie - as usual a great storyline that doesn't rely on fart jokes or anything like that to be funny.

I went w/ my BF and we're around age 30, no kids (ex/c furkids!
), and it was a great movie...will be one of my favorites. Liked it better than The Simpsons Movie and Shrek3 -- the other cartoon movies we saw this summer. Can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD. I think it might even be funnier for adults, and if reminded us of how fun cooking can be and how good food is when you just savour it

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We saw it last week. And agreed that it was a really good movie -- better than Shrek the Third which we had seen the week before and thoroughly enjoyed.

Totally fine for kids, of course, and I'm sure they would enjoy it, but I don't need to be chaperoned by a six-year-old to go to a good G movie.