Happy gotcha day Lily!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's my sweet Lily's first gotcha day today! Her birthday was estimated to be back in May sometime, so she's about 14 months old now and we adopted her a year ago today

We had adopted Stumpy in June after we'd been fostering her after she got injured, and when she recovered we realised she needed a friend, so went to the shelter and adopted Lily. There was a bunch of young kitties there that I liked, and I'd had my eye on a little orange feral for a while, but when we went there'd been a huge adoption spree and they were all gone!

So we looked at the other kitties and saw this little timid thing at the back of a cage.

I felt so bad for the poor wee thing with the beautiful colouring that I had to take her. She travelled in the engine compartment of a car for about 20 miles along a busy very freeway before she was found at the destination at just 8-10 weeks old. I have no idea how she survived - she was very scared and dehydrated, but otherwise fine. No idea where she came from before that, but she was lucky to be found!

We brought her home and her and Stumpy bonded within a couple of days, and Stumpy's crazy antics settled down significantly. She's still very much a scaredy cat, and probably part feral, but she's a lover. She's very demanding when she wants attention, and is best friends with both Stumpy and Smudge, and such an elegant girl.

I absolutely adore her with all my heart, and am so glad we chose her.

Happy gotcha Lily!!!

Here's some pics of her growing up.

Her first photo!

Pretty little thing

The only time she's ever settled on a lap!

Comfort suckling off Stumpy...

And wrestling!

Cuddling in the sun together

She bonded so fast with Smudge as well - really took her under her paw

So energetic!!

Beautiful face

And very settled in her home with her best friends

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, what a wonderful story.
Great photos too, I love the third one!
She sure is a beautiful girl!

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lilly is so cute. The photos were GREAT!!! The third from the last is my favorite picture. Great. Post more!!!!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha day, Lily...you're a doll and you know it

I've noticed every time I've seen your signature that my Lily has the same exact face shape and look as your Lily.
Maybe it's the "Lily look"??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks all, she was extra cuddly this morning! She leaped onto the bed 4 separate times mewing at me, and nibbling at my elbows and feet trying to get attention. Even when I was patting her, if I was rubbing her back, she'd be nibbling me to get head rubs at the same time
Funny little thing!

Originally Posted by Lore

oooh! I LOOOVE the last photo!
Thanks, that's one of my favourites

Originally Posted by Cocoalily

Happy Gotcha day, Lily...you're a doll and you know it

I've noticed every time I've seen your signature that my Lily has the same exact face shape and look as your Lily.
Maybe it's the "Lily look"??
Ooooh I have to go find photos of your Lily! That look is Lily's "someone is going to kill me if I don't pay attention" look... She always looks so frightened!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ooooh I have to go find photos of your Lily! That look is Lily's "someone is going to kill me if I don't pay attention" look... She always looks so frightened!
I just took some new ones yesterday...let me post them quick.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Gotcha day Lily!!!

I love the pic of Lily & Smudge sleeping in the sun together!