Dumb question, but I need reassurance...

karikatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, so this is probably going to be the dumbest question ever, but I have to ask it or I will go crazy....

Armin (male) is about 4 months. He will be getting neutered in the next few weeks. We were going to get it sooner, but he was sick.

Ariel (female) is just shy of 3 months. I have noticed her pudging out a bit in the belly. There isn't any possible way she could be pregnant, is there? Or is she gaining weight like any other normal kitten?

I'm really sorry for asking this dumb question...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think she is too young to get pregnant. (Just my opinion, but somewhat informed, LOL) Has she been wormed? That can make a round tummy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karikatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, she was wormed 5 times by the lady we got her from. When we brought her home, our vet checked a stool sample and didn't find anything.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I really think she is too young to get pregnant. (Just my opinion, but somewhat informed, LOL)
She is young but it is definitely possible, I have heard of young kittens getting pregnant but it is extremely dangerous and could potentially cause death.

It's really no different than a child getting pregnant. We have had cases in NZ of 12 year olds giving birth. So again yes its possible but maybe unlikely. If you are concerned I'd take her to the vet. Better to be safe than sorry and it will definitely give you peace of mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karikatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I have them scheduled for another round of vaccinations on Friday, I'll ask the vet then.

I'm really thinking it's just her pudging out a bit. I don't feel nipples coming out. Also, Armin's testicles have barely dropped, so I doubt he even knows.

IDK though, I'll let you guys know what happens on Friday. Thanks for the advice.