Animal Rescue on tv

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
In Oz (well at least in Melbourne) a new show started 3 weeks ago, RSPCA animal rescue, and i'm pretty sure my eyes won't stay dry till the series finishes. These are the people we got Jazzy and Charlie from, and they do amazing work. The episodes are half hr long and show about 4 different stories each week. Do you guys have tv shows like this in the US/UK?

I don't know about you but i'm on the edge of my seat when i watch this, hoping that the animals make it out alive. There really are some people who don't deserve pets. One guy had a dog that he slathered in thick motor oil as a flea treatment!! It's skin was all scaley and horrible and it had a chain and padlock around its neck as well, instead of a collar. When they rescued it, they also found under this mans house, a dog with a litter of 10 puppies who were too small for their age and as soon as the rescuers put down a big bowl of food and water, the mum went straight for it, she was starving!

I know it's hard for some people to watch these kinds of shows, but it just reminds me how lucky we are to have shelters and people who care.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

In Oz (well at least in Melbourne) a new show started 3 weeks ago, RSPCA animal rescue, and i'm pretty sure my eyes won't stay dry till the series finishes. These are the people we got Jazzy and Charlie from, and they do amazing work. The episodes are half hr long and show about 4 different stories each week. Do you guys have tv shows like this in the US/UK?

I don't know about you but i'm on the edge of my seat when i watch this, hoping that the animals make it out alive. There really are some people who don't deserve pets. One guy had a dog that he slathered in thick motor oil as a flea treatment!! It's skin was all scaley and horrible and it had a chain and padlock around its neck as well, instead of a collar. When they rescued it, they also found under this mans house, a dog with a litter of 10 puppies who were too small for their age and as soon as the rescuers put down a big bowl of food and water, the mum went straight for it, she was starving!

I know it's hard for some people to watch these kinds of shows, but it just reminds me how lucky we are to have shelters and people who care.
I watch Animal Planet rescue shows all the time here in Mississippi. I can usually tell if it is gonna be real sad, and I just switch it real quick.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't watch the Animal Planet rescue shows (like Animal Cops...or whatever it's called). I know I'll probably cry my eyes out through the entire show and then hate humanity for breeding people that are cruel to animals.

I can't watch anything where an animal gets hurt or dies (whether it's real or fictional). Sometimes I think I care more about animals than I do people.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

I can't watch the Animal Planet rescue shows (like Animal Cops...or whatever it's called). I know I'll probably cry my eyes out through the entire show and then hate humanity for breeding people that are cruel to animals.

I can't watch anything where an animal gets hurt or dies (whether it's real or fictional). Sometimes I think I care more about animals than I do people.
I know what you mean. I said to Tristan that i think i'd rather have a kitten than a baby. Seeing all the brats that live near me and the way they act, i'd be so worried how my child would turn out in this world. A kitten will give unconditional love *sighs*

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tough time watching these shows, too. I always come away angry. Seeing the pain animals suffer because some humans are ignorant or uncaring. Too much for me to take.

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes we do have shows like this there is a special show on at the moment everyweek day showing all types of animals that need rehoming, there was a lovely american bulldog on today he was only a puppy about 3-4 months old all white with a brown patch over hes eye ,total handsom dog although he was deaf completley but he was being trained with hand signals he learned in 2 weeks to sit lie down crawl come roll over and he looked just so sweet and i bet he will be rehomed instantly
i just cant watch the abuse cases they are so bad they make me feel physicaly sick

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, we do have shows like this on Animal Planet. The ones I have seen are Animal Cops in Houston, Detroit, Phoenix, New York City, and I think I've seen a new one in Florida somewhere. They are hard to watch, but I watch them. I usually get teary eyed at least one or twice during the 1/2 hour. It is especially rewarding to see when they've rescued an animal and then the animal gets adopted out to a new home. It is also madenning to see how some people treat animals.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

Sometimes I think I care more about animals than I do people.
Yes, I understand how you feel. Most animals are innocent, trusting, forgiving... so many qualities that people rarely live up to. If only people could be more like their pets...

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I watch the one in Pheonix...Animal Police or something...No thats not what it's called, but its basically animal control picking up hurt/abused animals. If it looks incredibly sad I try to change it before I get too attached. I was watching the Vet Interns show and saw a great dane who ingested rat poison from a trap and died. When the doctor delivered the news his male owner just broke down in sobs, it was so hard to watch! The guys wife had to leave for work, but before she left she was just in horrible shape too. I was crying so hard! Atleast I know now to never use poison in a rat trap (Hopefully I'll never need a rat trap)!! Because if it could do that to a great dane in a few hours, tsar wouldn't last a few minutes!!