Ticked off, need to rant

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got done cutting the grass and it was kinda high. My mower is like a 20 year old piece of junk and it kept clogging up and stopping. The bag had to be emptied like every two minutes because it's small and barely holds any grass. Aggg, the yard looks like poo and I'm mad with a headache. I hate mowing the grass.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had a friend work on my mower, and he raised the blade a bit and sharpened it and cleaned it all out, and it works much much better. It was doing exactly the same thing as yours.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should check out the want ads-lots of people selling lawnmowers pretty reasonably.
Getting the mower blades sharpened does wonders too!!
Don't remove for than 1/3 of the total length of the grass either-esp this time of year when its so warm.(length should be about 3")
We have not had significant rainfall for most of June and July so my lawn is rather brown and doesn't seem to need to be mowed excpet for those weeds that seem nice and green.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love mowing lawn, I've used all kinds of mowers, but of course one that works properly is helpful. I even used to work for a lawn mowing company for fun and a bit of pocket money.
Nothing beats the smell of fresh cut grass

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

You should check out the want ads-lots of people selling lawnmowers pretty reasonably.
Getting the mower blades sharpened does wonders too!!
Don't remove for than 1/3 of the total length of the grass either-esp this time of year when its so warm.(length should be about 3")
We have not had significant rainfall for most of June and July so my lawn is rather brown and doesn't seem to need to be mowed excpet for those weeds that seem nice and green.
Yeah, I've always noticed that the weeds seem to do OK without water. Stinking things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel better now. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I tried to push open the gate to our wood fence so I could dump my grass in the back yard, the whole door just broke right off the post. Talk about incredible hulk.