Rottie/Doggie folk, what is she?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's 40#, knee high, & full grown!
We cannot figure out what to label her as....I mean, she's got a Rottie look to the head, but Labbie ears & a Labbie body. But she is sooo small! And at least 3 years old!

Whaddya think?

The spots on her tongue are dirt she likes to lick it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

She is absolutely gorgeous.
why would someone give her up?
She was actually a stray....found in a town of literally 300 people. They had her for like 3 weeks trying to find her owners, flyers, radio ads, the whole works. I know why no one claimed her....she's got seperation anxiety issues....she's eating the pain off the walls of her kennel. She's great with kids, but very exuberant when away from them.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can see the rottie in the face a bit too, but she's pretty small for a rottX. I've asked a few breeder and rescue friends of mine, I'll know you know what their guesses are.

I had a rottie/dobie that looked a lot like her, but she was 40 lbs at 4 months old, so I don't think it's the same combo.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure what she is, but she is pretty
Are her feet dirty or do they look funny? I'd take her in a second if I could.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, her feet really do look like that! She has the most amazing markings, is absolutely a million times more gorgeous in person!

Hmm....I bet I have more less flattering pics....I'll get them in my photobucket & post them as well shortly.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In the rottie circuit, the dark face and feet are called sooty. My one rott, Syd, is very very sooty. I'm a bit partial to the dark pooches, I find it very striking.

And yes, more pics are good.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the real her..." arf, arf, arf, arf, arf, arf./....I want INside you moron!"

OK some of those might be the same ones I posted. Too lazy to check right now.

In the last one, you can see the Lab tail(it looks/feels exactly like my purebred Lab's tail). But at the same time, she doesn't quite have the water-proof Lab coat....but it isn't the sleek Rottie coat.

I wanna label her a Min Pin/Lab X cuz then she'd get adopted faster! Most people see the Rottie, then read more about her, well they want a big dog, this the half pint "booger". (My nickname for her is Booger)

ETA: You can also see where she tried to scratch her way back inside the door on the white wall in the last pic.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mismarked purebred labs can come in black and tan.
The black spots on her tongue though, maybe chow mix, they are square headed as well.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I swear that is dirt on her tongue, but the more I look at it....the more I wonder if it's markings..... I've seen plenty of purebred Labs around here with black spots on their tongue....my purebred Lab has one lil black spot on her. There is no Chow in this girl, at least not visibly.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to be quite short bodied. Her face and build make me think terrier, though. Her body looks very manchester terrier to me, but other than the colour, her face looks kinda beagle-ish.

I'd be inclined to say terrierX and leave it at that.
She's very cute, that sucks about the SA. I had a rottie with that a few years ago. Thankfully hers was manageable as long as she was with another dog.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Mismarked purebred labs can come in black and tan.
I was going to mention that as well.

I definatly see lab in her. It's possible she could be part Rottie, but I don't see any in her build.

She's a pretty girl!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are just too many breed with those colorations!
I could see terrier....but the "fuzz" to her tail gets me....when I think terrier....I think Pit like tails. She has a perfect Lab tail! I've never seen an intact Rott tail, but they don't have the hair to have a tail like a Lab.
Maybe I should just list her as a Chihuahua!

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

She has a perfect Lab tail! I've never seen an intact Rott tail, but they don't have the hair to have a tail like a Lab.
Most breeders that are breeding for tails are aiming for a lab-type tail on the rotts. At the moment, since no attention has been paid to the tail in the past, they come in all shapes a sizes. Straight, arced, full curl, fuzzy, smooth, thick, thin, feathered, short, long, etc etc.

I was at a show last year and there were several tailed rotts there, and every single one was different. It was really wild.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailed Boxers are like that too- straight, curly, thick, thin, etc.
. I thought her head looked a little beaglish, too...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Judging from her bark, I can see(or rather "hear") beagle in her....I might label her as a Terrier X...and in her write up put "It has been suggest she might have some Terrier in her, or perhaps a bit of Beagle."

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Tailed Boxers are like that too- straight, curly, thick, thin, etc.
. I thought her head looked a little beaglish, too...
You know, I have never seen a Boxer tail! I'll have to pay closer attention at the shows now!