They are tube feeding Brody now

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked to my daughter a few minutes ago and she told me they are now tube feeding Brody. They started this last night.

He appears to be doing good with this she said. He didn't lose any weight last night, so maybe with this tube feeding he will start to gain his weight, and then Desiree can start to nurse again.

Desiree said this is common though, the nurses told her that Brody is just having to work to hard to try and nurse. So I reckon this is the best thing for him. Just something else for me to worry about. I know he is getting the best care possible, and I know that the doctors know what they are doing. But that doesn't help me not to worry. I am just a worrier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I am sorry you are so worried. He will be just fine.
Thanks, I know he will be ok too. I just can't help worrying. I have always just been a worrier. No one else ever hasta worry about nothing, cause I worry enough for everybody.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww Bea
Any one of us would be worried too. Sending many prayers for Brody still...the strong little chap will be home in no time

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to just wear myself out with worry, and then a good friend suggested this:

Turn every "worry" thought into a mental image of everything turning out just fine, and concentrate on that image for a moment.

This turns your energies from negative to positive... from thinking of the bad things that could happen to imagining the good things that can happen. It's easier on you emotionally, and I think it can actually affect the outcome in a positive way -- just like prayer.

So I'm imagining little Brody strong and healthy!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

It's perfectly understandable that you're worried, but I'm sure he'll be home in no time at all.
I hope you are right

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awwww Bea
Any one of us would be worried too. Sending many prayers for Brody still...the strong little chap will be home in no time
Thanks for the prayers Nat, I really appreciate them.

Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Gain weight vibes for little Brody

Hugs for you!
Thanks for the vibes

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I used to just wear myself out with worry, and then a good friend suggested this:

Turn every "worry" thought into a mental image of everything turning out just fine, and concentrate on that image for a moment.

This turns your energies from negative to positive... from thinking of the bad things that could happen to imagining the good things that can happen. It's easier on you emotionally, and I think it can actually affect the outcome in a positive way -- just like prayer.

So I'm imagining little Brody strong and healthy!
That makes a lot of sense, I might hafta try it.

Originally Posted by sharky

Sending big healthy
Thanks, I really appreciate it

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

He should plump up in no time now Belinda...continued prayers for Brody
Thanks Helen, your prayers mean a lot to me

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending positive thoughts for Brody that he gains weight quickly! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Come on, little guy! You can do it!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I'm sending positive thoughts for Brody that he gains weight quickly! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Come on, little guy! You can do it!
Thanks Colleen, that really means a lot to me.

My friends on the internet are really helping me through this