Hot all the time?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here the last few weeks no matter what I do, I'm hot all the time

Even sitting here with the A/C on full blast, I'm hot.
And at night I have to have it freezing
to sleep or I wake up sweaty and cranky.
I'm wondering if this is hormonal.
I'm only 28 and hope it's not early menopause like my Dr had said previously.

Anyone else experience this?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a few conditions that cause the hotness - get a blood test.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am 50 and have have been always warm!!
I could never live in FL because it would be way to warm!!
Neil can have on a tshirt,sweatshirt and swaetpants on in the spring or fall and I'll be running around in shorts and a sports bra!!
I have been this way for many years-I hate to think of the time when I get hot flashes I'll be one big sweatball!!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm way too hot all the time too! As a matter of fact, they joke at work about when I go through menopause, I'm going to spontaneously combust!!!

The best thing to do is have blood work done to rule out problems such as hyperthyroid and menopause. If it comes back normal, you'll just have to do like I do......keep the thermostat set low and be fairly miserable all the time. My poor cats never lose their winter coats!!!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Here the last few weeks no matter what I do, I'm hot all the time

Even sitting here with the A/C on full blast, I'm hot.
And at night I have to have it freezing
to sleep or I wake up sweaty and cranky.
I'm wondering if this is hormonal.
I'm only 28 and hope it's not early menopause like my Dr had said previously.

Anyone else experience this?
I live in South FLorida and for the past few weeks, I'm feeling like I'm living in an oven. I can't handle this Florida humidity!!! Get me back to the dry Nevadan desert!!! I can't even sleep with a shirt on, and that's with the ceiling fan on, and a/c! All right, I may be 47 years old, but I'm not going through menopause.
It's just the price we pay for living in Florida...

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I'm way too hot all the time too! As a matter of fact, they joke at work about when I go through menopause, I'm going to spontaneously combust!!!

The best thing to do is have blood work done to rule out problems such as hyperthyroid and menopause. If it comes back normal, you'll just have to do like I do......keep the thermostat set low and be fairly miserable all the time. My poor cats never lose their winter coats!!!
^^ exactly what she said!!!

I'm the same exact way. I *HATE* the summer....I dread it all year and I'm way crankier and hormonal during the summer. My significant other always has three blankets and I have my legs on top of the covers.
Any huge problem has been ruled out, but doctors are coming out with new disorders that can be wrong with you all the time, so I'm looking forward to mine!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well according to my mom I have always been "Hot Blooded".. Even as a kid (and I remember this after talking to her) I would open the window in the middle of winter and kick the blankets off. I also remember running outside in the snow in my Pj's on several times

Deacon is almost the same way. When we went to Tenn. he went running outside naked and it was like 30 degrees out!

But seriously, I am going to go to the Dr if this doesn't get better in the next week or so.
I have the dreaded "Womanly" appointment in a couple weeks too

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always hated the heat, too -- anything over 70 F is too much for me.

But when the hot flashes began... oh my god. It's a rush of heat so strong that you look down to make sure you're not on fire! It's a sense of panic -- you think no no no I can't take this, I've got to cool off, where can I get ice, what can I do? Your heart races and you feel shaky and it's just AWFUL. And when it's over, you can't really relax, because you're worried it will happen again.

At least that's how it is for me. Or was... it seems to be tapering off for me now, thank heaven.

But 28 is much too young for menopause, and even if that's what it is, it's not normal. Please do ask your doctor!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I've always hated the heat, too -- anything over 70 F is too much for me.

But when the hot flashes began... oh my god. It's a rush of heat so strong that you look down to make sure you're not on fire! It's a sense of panic -- you think no no no I can't take this, I've got to cool off, where can I get ice, what can I do? Your heart races and you feel shaky and it's just AWFUL. And when it's over, you can't really relax, because you're worried it will happen again.

At least that's how it is for me. Or was... it seems to be tapering off for me now, thank heaven.

But 28 is much too young for menopause, and even if that's what it is, it's not normal. Please do ask your doctor!
You just put the fear of God in me.