Update on Desiree and Brody

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talked to Desiree a few minutes ago and she was on her way home from the hospital. Brody is gonna hafta stay until he gets his weight back to 4 lbs. 8 oz., he lost three more ounces, so he is down to 3 lbs. 15 oz. right now.

I am gonna go to the hospital in a little bit and see her and Brody, then I am gonna go to her house and get the "grandpuppies" so she don't hafta worry with them.

Brody will probably be in the hospital for a week.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww poor guy!!!! gain weight/healthy vibes coming his way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

awww poor guy!!!! gain weight/healthy vibes coming his way!
Thank you, I do appreciate it.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are sending lots of for that precious baby!!! My sisters son was in the hospital for 3 months and they had only given him a 3%-50% chance on survival before he was born... He's 3 now! They have advanced so much it's amazing! I think he'll be just fine!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

We are sending lots of for that precious baby!!! My sisters son was in the hospital for 3 months and they had only given him a 3%-50% chance on survival before he was born... He's 3 now! They have advanced so much it's amazing! I think he'll be just fine!
I hope so, I just want him to go home.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure that everything is going to be ok! (I know that it only helps so much to hear that!) I say better they take the precautions now! Pretty soon this will all only be a memory!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm sure that everything is going to be ok! (I know that it only helps so much to hear that!) I say better they take the precautions now! Pretty soon this will all only be a memory!
You would be surprised how much that does help me, I still worry though, but I can come here and the other sites I belong to and just reading stuff makes me feel better.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Awww...many for Brody to gain weight so he can go home!!!
Thanks Monica, I really appreciate it.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Eat Brody eat!

It's much easier on everyone if he stays there for a few extra days rather than if he were to go home and have to come back for some reason.
Yeah, I know that it is too. I just want him to gain his weigh back

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hope the lil guy continues to gain weight so he can go home w/mom and grandmom (of course)!! Best of luck to Brody!! Gain weight headed your way!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Belinda, I've heard so many times that it's normal for a baby to lose weight during the first 24 hours, so I don't think you have to worry too much. It's not like he's the size of a hand, and in an incubator with all sorts of wires attached all the time. He'll be fine!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Belinda, I've heard so many times that it's normal for a baby to lose weight during the first 24 hours, so I don't think you have to worry too much. It's not like he's the size of a hand, and in an incubator with all sorts of wires attached all the time. He'll be fine!
Thanks, I do know that it is normal for a baby to lose weight, I just worry because he was already so little. But I am a worrier anyways. I just worry, I reckon it is my nature.