"300" Coming out on DVD

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching TV last night and they announced that the movie 300 would be coming out next week with interviews and behind the scenes of filming.

I'm not sure I would enjoy the movie all that much, but I would LOOOOOOOOOVE watching the interviews with Gerard Butler.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I'm not sure I would enjoy the movie all that much, but I would LOOOOOOOOOVE watching the interviews with Gerard Butler.
let me clarify this well my friend,
... you love the movie or any other stuff?

...................you´re in your rigth my friend!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited. I saw it in the theater but was with my husband so I couldn't drool too much. Ha. I'm totally buying the movie when it comes out.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
OMGOMGOMG!!!! i LOVED this movie!!! We saw it when it came out!!! *dances* dvd dvd!!!

Words are limited atm lol *goes back to sleep*

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to buy this one. I thought it was okay the first time I saw it but it grew on me the second time I watched it and ended loving it. Weird how that worked, huh?

A couple of quotes that I really liked:
I believe that this is after the first engagement between the Spartans and Xerxe'x forces.
Xerxes:"Yours is a fascinating tribe...defiant even in the face of annihilation. There is much our cultures could share."
King Leonidas: Perhaps you haven't noticed, but we've been sharing our culture with you all morning."

The other quote I got a chuckle out of was after the Persian messenger said "...our arrows will blot out the sun" was the one by the character Stelios who replied with "Then we will fight in the shade."

The actual quote about fighting in the shade was made by a Spartan warrior named Dieneces. The Spartan warriors, who fought using a spear, shield and sword looked down upon the use of arrows in battle as weak and cowardly when compared the the face-to-face, hand-to-hand style combat of the hoplite.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol jan you just want to see more fo the half naked men.

hehe i just burned several backup copies of that last night, got a early release of it

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol you just want to see more fo the half naked men.

hehe i just burned several backup copies of that last night, got a early release of it
I loved the fight scenes, you must have me confused with someone else.
Even though the events and some of the people in the movie were "Hollywoodized" there were a lot of things that in that echoed what the Spartans and their society were like. I was a reading a book about the Spartans when I saw the movie again and it kind of drew me in.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I can't wait to see the documentary on how they got so fit for the movie! Dang, I want their workout training, lol!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol sorry i did not read the respones, i was just answering the first post lol

well they based it on the comic book by frank miller, which is sitting on the coffee table right now. if had not already seen that, i would have been upset.
Since i normaly pefer a much more true to life history movie.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think that I would like 300, but give it a chance, it turned out to be awesome. I plan on buying it.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a really strange person or something, because I didn't want to see this in the theaters and forgot to put it on my netflix list until just now.

Is the plot really that great?

I have this weird theory about titles and how they effect anticipation for the movie...and I remember saying something to my husband about what an awful title when that came out.

Yeah , I'm weird....and I know I'll end up watching it but I bet netflix will have an extremely long wait on that one!!!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I LOVE that movie!

... my desktop is 300 too. I'm a wee bit obsessed

I just saw the commercial for the dvd yesterday and ran to tell DH about it. Ooh I'm so excited!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol jan you just want to see more fo the half naked men.

Um, well, maybe one half-naked man...

Originally Posted by Essayons89

... you must have me confused with someone else.
He's referring to me. (If I had been born with a Y chromosome my name would have been "Bryan".)

Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

OMG I LOVE that movie!

... my desktop is 300 too. I'm a wee bit obsessed

I just saw the commercial for the dvd yesterday and ran to tell DH about it. Ooh I'm so excited!!
Yep, a bit obsessed. Like when I had the Phantom of the Opera on my desktop.