New (rescued) kitten, meowing lots

matty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, great site, have been reading lots. Here's my story

Couple of days ago we rescued a little kitten from a farm, so far he's cost me about £100, as he had cat flu, conjunctivitis and fleas, but thats not really the issue anyway.

My question is.. He's obviously feeling better and has now found his voice, he seems to meow a lot, but I don't know why? He's got food, water, places to sleep etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

kerzel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some just miaow a lot! When we brought Darcy home when she was 14 weeks old she miaowed non-stop for 2 days - she was just missing her mum/siblings and scared about the move. She still miaows all the time. She's just a very vocal cat.

She's just had her own kittens and one of them miaows all the time as well for no reason - I call her 'squealer'!

As long as your kitten is getting enough to eat and is nice and warm, I woulnd't worry too much. It'll probably settle down in a few days!

jennywren93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kerzel

Some just miaow a lot! When we brought Darcy home when she was 14 weeks old she miaowed non-stop for 2 days - she was just missing her mum/siblings and scared about the move. She still miaows all the time. She's just a very vocal cat.

She's just had her own kittens and one of them miaows all the time as well for no reason - I call her 'squealer'!

As long as your kitten is getting enough to eat and is nice and warm, I woulnd't worry too much. It'll probably settle down in a few days!
When we got our "momma" cat and "baby" kitten 4 weeks ago, they were QUIET! I mean we didn't hear out of them at ALL! Suddenly the last week or so they have been a LOT more vocal during the day. When my DH went to work this week, almost every day, within 30 min the cats were meowing for a bit, when I send the kids outside to play, they start meowing, even this am, Oreo (Cat) is done playing for now I guess, so she went back to bed, and Merlin (kitten) is whining because he has no one to play with! lol When Oreo wants to get up in the am, she comes to my face and starts purring in it (so cute! but not at 5:30 on a saturday!) and will lay on my side or chest!

So, I would say either your new one is missing his "old life" and he will be sad for a bit (it took ours a while to figure it out, they were our neighbors cats and had been here before, so they didn't KNOW their previous owners weren't coming back, about 2 weeks in Oreo woke us in the night 2 times crying all night), but just love on him and I am sure soon enough he will understand this is where he is to be! And then he will meow to tell you different things!

anmccleod

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Sylvie talks to us all the time, anytime you walk into a room she says hello. She loves to talk and to be talked to! Some cats are just more vocal then others!