Privacy please

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't anyone wonder why cats have to follow you into to the bathroom. I don't mind it but privacy once and a while would be nice.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Doesn't anyone wonder why cats have to follow you into to the bathroom. I don't mind it but privacy once and a while would be nice.
probably cause they're just so gosh darn nosy!! it's a good thing I live alone because i never even bother to shut the door anymore

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I need to get off the computer for awhile. I just posted Privacy please twice. Duh, I'm such a goof ball.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! My cat does that! It's just me, my daughter and my cat, I have my own bathroom.

So, I casually leave the front room, to go to the bathroom, sit down, and there's my cat!!! Then she meow's and want's pet's!! Come on!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just in the bathroom a few minutes ago. First, Harley comes in followed by Gizmo. They just wanted to make sure everything was under control. Then comes Corky, who hops up on the side of the tub for some lovings. The door opens a little further, and there's Snickers my lab with Buttercup (the pug) close on her heels. Buttercup immediately jumps up on my lap and snorts in my face. The last straw was when Brooke, our malamute, forces her way in! Now, our bathroom isn't that big! I'm done what I came in to do, but can't get up and leave because I'm surrounded!!

Hey, privacy is over rated, right?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I was just in the bathroom a few minutes ago. First, Harley comes in followed by Gizmo. They just wanted to make sure everything was under control. Then comes Corky, who hops up on the side of the tub for some lovings. The door opens a little further, and there's Snickers my lab with Buttercup (the pug) close on her heels. Buttercup immediately jumps up on my lap and snorts in my face. The last straw was when Brooke, our malamute, forces her way in! Now, our bathroom isn't that big! I'm done what I came in to do, but can't get up and leave because I'm surrounded!!

Omg, my cat jumps up on the side of the tub when I'm on ''the throne''. Animals are so funny.

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think that is the only door we close! LOL. She's waiting right by the door when we open it.

Whenever we shower she rushes in after we're done!

summerkid710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend has finally figured out that if he wants privacy, he needs to close the door all the way so it clicks. Otherwise all three want in. I think he laughs when I go since I usually don't close it all the way because I know the audience will be pawing the door.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
God forbid I CLOSE the bathroom door for privacy!! Sophia has her arm under it reaching for me and moaning on the other side. Otherwise, she actually goes behind the bowl and waits for me to flush so she can watchthe water go around. Geez, i hope that wasn't too graphic!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen the movie Mr. Deeds? Where the butler appears from nowhere?
Thats what Tonka does when I go to the bathroom.
I will walk past him laying on the kitchen floor and go into the bathroom, close the door, sit down and *poof* there's Tonka!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

God forbid I CLOSE the bathroom door for privacy!! Sophia has her arm under it reaching for me and moaning on the other side. Otherwise, she actually goes behind the bowl and waits for me to flush so she can watchthe water go around. Geez, i hope that wasn't too graphic!!!
Popsie likes to watch the water go down too.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PHX has to be in the bathroom when we go in there otherwise he meows at the door- annoying- until you open it up. Then he tries to jump onto my lap.. to get petted. He will not give up! Then he watches the water goes down and occasionally bats at whatever may be in there...

If I'm taking a shower he lays outside of the shower, and then when I'm done he inspects the shower to make sure everything is OK with him...

snickers80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't even bother closing the door anymore. Snickers comes in faithfully everytime and gets all lovey....probably because she knows I'm not going to move for a little bit

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have at least 3 circling me in the bathroom first thing in the monring, sometimes 4...

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I usually just shut the door on them. I think the main reason is that they don't want the door shut. Period. It's like they think there is a secret exit that I will use to sneak away. lol.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, when I'm in the shower I leave the door open but instead of coming in Popsie will sit in the hall and meow his head off. He's so dingy.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww my Sophie is way too fascinated with the bathroom...whenever we're doing anything in there he comes in purring up a storm with his head held high.

He even jumped in the shower with me TWICE!! (then jumped out really quick realizing the mistake he had made)

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I thought it was bad with the three dogs, I have it much easier than you do.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am not allowed to close the door! Infact i just had a bath and the door was wide open. I think teufel was amusing him self watching me scrub my icky feet!