RIP Pickles

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My sweet Snowshoe boy is gone...last night he was panting & grooming his bottom a lot, it was very hot here the last 3 days so I thought he was just hot. Then he started peeing outside of the boxes. He was having difficulty peeing.
About an hour ago He let out a big howl and I went to see what was up he was seized up and then he was gone
...we only had him for a month but he will be missed. I was looking forward to getting to know him and gain his trust.
He was a very handsome kitty and I will miss his blue eyes so much.
RIP Sweet boy

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You poor thing - poor lovely boy as well - he had lovely eyes!! So sad - big hug to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He seemed to have almost all the symptoms of FLUTD...he wasn't normal acting since the day we got him. He hid a lot in the house he lived in before us and he was hiding a lot the past few days.
Poor guy!

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww. I'm so sorry to hear this. At least he knew love at the end.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss.
Please take comfort in the fact that he had a wonderful month with you. You gave him love and comfort, all that he ever wanted
Bless you for taking him in.

RIP sweet Pickles

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. I take comfort in the fact that he trusted me enough to let me touch him during his last moments. He died in my arms.

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was talking to Pickles previous owners a few hours ago...she is very surprised about this...but she did tell me that Pickles was eating Hills Science Diet for the past 6 years until 8 months ago...umm wasn't that about the time the recall was?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Pickles

It doesn`t take long to get attatched, does it? But you know that at the end of his life he had a loving home with you

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Without a post mortem it will be hard to say what caused it?. When was he last at the vets for a checkup?

RIP Pickles

She said she use to take him to the vets a lot...until 2005. The vet then said he was a healthy indoor kitty that didn't need to be seen as much as she was taking him. They have money so I believe them.

My only mistake was not taking him to the vet just for a check out...just to make sure. I had an instant liking of his previous meowmie...so I trusted her words.
I wasn't thinking when we brought his body to the vets down the road...still in shock. I said we should have gotten an autopsy done.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allie, I don't know what to say, I'm so sorry. You must be so heartbroken. Pickles was such a beautiful boy and at least he knew in his last month that he was loved. May he now continue to be a happy and healthy boy again at the beautiful rainbow bridge.

allie72

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

Allie, I don't know what to say, I'm so sorry. You must be so heartbroken. Pickles was such a beautiful boy and at least he knew in his last month that he was loved. May he now continue to be a happy and healthy boy again at the beautiful rainbow bridge.
Thanks...your support means a lot.