Grocery foods:)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to thank Moggiegirl for the reminder

For those of you who either cannot afford the "super premiums" or have to shop in grocery or big box stores ... I will try to list IMHO the best wet and drys available ... NOTE this varries by area as some grocerers carry organic or a private label super premium... FEEL free to add if you find them and where ( generally ie state or region )...

True premium avail at Walmart DRYS
Maxxium ( it is premium)
Natural Life
Purina naturals( actually IMHO above both Pro plan and One ingrediant wise)

Wets
Natural life
Meow mix
Sheba in the gold tubs
Iams ( chn , beef and oceanfish entrees)

Grocery
Drys
Purina naturals

Wets see Walmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The reasons Iams and One are on here .... IS they BOTH have animal by products and lots of corn IN most formulas

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Add to the list as I saw these at a local bigger store ...
Brandons organics
Pet promise

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
bumpping as this is once again being asked alot

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those eligible to shop at military commissaries I've seen Newman's Own, both wet and dry, at the ones here in Hawaii. Because DECA (Defense Commissary Agency) manages commissaries nationwide Newman's is probably available at other locations.

calicoprincess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if this would qualify or not. If not, feel free to delete this post. I have found that petsmart (my local one at least) carries a brand of food called Authority. It's about 9.00 for an eight pound bag. Not extremely cheap but a lot cheaper then some.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CalicoPrincess

I am not sure if this would qualify or not. If not, feel free to delete this post. I have found that petsmart (my local one at least) carries a brand of food called Authority. It's about 9.00 for an eight pound bag. Not extremely cheap but a lot cheaper then some.
it does but since Premiums are avail at Petsmarts.. this is focused on those who cant get to a big or small store

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for that list. I feed Raven Nutro Natural Choice indoor kitten. In your opinon is the purina naturals comparable to that? I assume however that the purina naturals is not for kittens.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom2raven

Thank you for that list. I feed Raven Nutro Natural Choice indoor kitten. In your opinon is the purina naturals comparable to that? I assume however that the purina naturals is not for kittens.
NO the purina natural s has corn, wheat and soy as well as cellulose ( indegestable fiber) making it a entry leval premium.... It is better than typical grocery foods but not comparable to MOST real premiums ...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The new formula of Authority, however, seems to be more premium than some of the premium foods available at Petsmarts at a better price
HUmmm it didnt seem much different cept they added fresh chicken too... but the price is now 3-5 $ higher